21.2103, Jobs: Comp Ling: Director of Language Solutions, Janya Inc., New York

Wed May 5 16:19:11 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-2103. Wed May 05 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.2103, Jobs: Comp Ling: Director of Language Solutions, Janya Inc., New York

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 19-Apr-2010
From: Linda Stievater < lindas at janyainc.com >
Subject: Computational Linguistics & Computer Science: Director of Language Solutions, Janya Inc., New York, USA

Date: Wed, 05 May 2010 12:17:38
From: Linda Stievater [lindas at janyainc.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-2103.html&submissionid=2627914&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Janya Inc.
Job Location: New York, USA
Web Address: http://www.janyainc.com

Job Rank: Director of Language Solutions

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Computer Science

Director of Language Solutions

Janya, a leader in natural language processing applications, offers
products and solutions based on its text analytics technology for DoD,
intelligence, law enforcement communities, and other government markets.
Janya is headquartered in Amherst, New York, with offices in Washington, DC.

Job Summary

We are seeking an experienced computational linguist who will lead the
development and implementation of vertical solutions based on our Semantex
text analytics platform. We are looking for a creative leader who is both
hands-on, as well as capable of directing a team.

Responsibilities

-  Develop customized vertical solutions based on Semantex
-  Support the sales team in getting client buy-in to new applications and
creating solutions to meet specific client needs
-  Collaborate with engineering and other teams to ensure client needs and
schedules are met
-  Manage and mentor professional services employees that have a diverse
knowledge of business processes and solution best practices

Knowledge and Experience

-  Advanced degree in computer science; expertise in natural language
processing, computational linguistics, or information retrieval required
-  5+ years of experience with language technologies, hands-on experience
with language engineering tools, especially statistical tools
-  Experience with solutions integration involving search, other language
tools is desirable
-  Possess strong management skills, experience with customer-facing
responsibilities, such as professional services
-  Demonstrated ability to work with and lead cross-functional teams,
strong communication and writing skills, and sound business and leadership
judgment

US citizen preferred. Salary will be commensurate with education and
experience. Janya offers a generous benefits package that includes health
insurance, 401(k) plan, and vacation time. EEO

Please forward your resume to: careers at janyainc.com. The subject field of
your email must include Director of Language Solutions.

Email Address for Applications: careers at janyainc.com
Contact Information:
	Linda Stievater
	Email: lindas at janyainc.com