21.2131, Jobs: Psycholinguistics: Researcher, University of York

Thu May 6 21:07:50 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-2131. Thu May 06 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.2131, Jobs: Psycholinguistics: Researcher, University of York

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 06-May-2010
From: Louise Eekelaar < le506 at york.ac.uk >
Subject: Psycholinguistics: Researcher, University of York, United Kingdom

Date: Thu, 06 May 2010 17:04:27
From: Louise Eekelaar [le506 at york.ac.uk]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-2131.html&submissionid=2632574&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of York
Department: Psychology
Job Location: York, United Kingdom
Web Address: http://www.york.ac.uk/

Job Rank: Researcher

Specialty Areas: Psycholinguistics

The above post is available for three years on a project awarded by the
Leverhulme Trust to Professor Gareth Gaskell and Dr Anna Weighall. The
research will investigate vocabulary acquisition and processing of meaning
in children and adults using a range of techniques, including standard
behavioural methods, eye tracking and sleep recording. The research will be
conducted in schools in the York area, as well as in the behavioural and
sleep labs in the Department of Psychology at the University of York.

Applicants should have a PhD in Psychology (or expect to be awarded this in
the near future), and a demonstrated ability to conduct and analyse
experiments related to language and/or memory. Experience in adult or
developmental psycholinguistics is desirable, as is experience or knowledge
of sleep research.

Application Deadline: 08-Jun-2010

Web Address for Applications: http://www.york.ac.uk/jobs/
Contact Information: