21.2146, Jobs: 1st or 2nd Lang Acq: Asst/Assoc/Full Prof, American U of Beirut

Fri May 7 20:12:28 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-2146. Fri May 07 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.2146, Jobs: 1st or 2nd Lang Acq: Asst/Assoc/Full Prof, American U of Beirut

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 07-May-2010
From: Nadine Rizk < nr04 at aub.edu.lb >
Subject: First or Second Language Acquisition: Assistant/Associate/Full Professor, The American University of Beirut, Lebanon

Date: Fri, 07 May 2010 16:07:52
From: Nadine Rizk [nr04 at aub.edu.lb]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-2146.html&submissionid=2632914&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: The American University of Beirut
Department: Department of English
Job Location: Beirut, Lebanon
Web Address: http://www.aub.edu.lb/fas

Job Rank: Assistant/Associate/Full Professor

Specialty Areas: Language Acquisition; Bi-/Multilingualism, L2 or Arabic L1 Acquisition

The English Department at the American University of Beirut invites
applications for a position in First or Second Language Acquisition to
begin preferably September 15, 2010. At the time of appointment, applicants
must have a PhD in Linguistics or a closely related discipline, with a
strong focus on Language Acquisition. We encourage applications from
researchers working on bi- or multilingualism, L2 acquisition, or Arabic L1
acquisition. Applicants should also have a record of successful
undergraduate and graduate teaching. The usual teaching load is not more
than nine hours a week. The successful candidate is expected to contribute
to teaching phonology, syntax, sociolinguistics, or quantitative research
methods, at the undergraduate and/or graduate levels.

All positions are normally at the Assistant Professor level, but
appointments at higher ranks and/or visiting appointments may also be
considered. Appointments are for an initial period of four years. For more
information please visit http://www.aub.edu.lb/fas

Interested applicants should send a letter of application and a CV, and
arrange for three letters of reference. Application materials should be
submitted electronically to as_dean at aub.edu.lb and addressed to Patrick
McGreevy, Dean, Faculty of Arts and Sciences, American University of
Beirut. The position will remain open until filled.

The American University of Beirut is an Affirmative Action, Equal
Opportunity Employer.

Application Deadline: 15-Jun-2010 (Open until filled)

Email Address for Applications: as_dean at aub.edu.lb
Contact Information:
	Dean Patrick McGreevy
	Email: as_dean at aub.edu.lb