21.2215, Jobs: Norwegian, Bokm ål & Phonetics: Consultant, Butler Hill Group

Thu May 13 21:30:52 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-2215. Thu May 13 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.2215, Jobs: Norwegian, Bokmål & Phonetics: Consultant, Butler Hill Group

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 11-May-2010
From: Karin Berghoefer < kberghoefer at butlerhill.com >
Subject: Norwegian, Bokmål & Phonetics: Consultant/Norwegian Linguist - Phonetics, Butler Hill Group

Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 17:29:22
From: Karin Berghoefer [kberghoefer at butlerhill.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-2215.html&submissionid=2633754&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Butler Hill Group
Job Location: , ---------------- (Telecommute)
Web Address: http://www.butlerhill.com

Job Rank: Consultant/Norwegian Linguist - Phonetics

Specialty Areas: Phonetics

Required Language(s): Norwegian, Bokmål (nob)

The Butler Hill Group, a virtual computational linguistics consulting
company, maintains a world-wide network of highly-skilled linguists,
computer scientists, language experts and research librarians with
expertise in the natural language issues of computer technology.

We have an immediate need - start date May 18, 2010 - for a native or
near-native Norwegian Linguist with background in phonetics.

Qualified candidates need to be linguists who are native or near-native
speakers in Norwegian. They need to have linguist experience with text
normalization and phonetic transcription.

May 18-June 20, 2010
40 hours total to be performed remotely
Tasks: General Language Support, including:
-  Auditive evaluation of TTS synthesis
-  phonetic transcription correction (MUSIC domain)

Butler Hill Group Requirements:
Projects require excellent English reading, writing and communication
skills. Strong computer skills in a Windows environment and greater than
average comfort with software and technology are expected. For this project
it is required that you work in a PC (Windows or Vista) environment. The
tools required are not supported by Mac. When applying, please specify the
level of fluency in the target language.

Project Start: 05/18/10
Project End: 06/20/10

Compensation:
We offer a competitive, hourly pay rate DOE (to be paid as 1099
self-employment income).

To apply, please email a recent resume or CV, in Word format, in English,
along with a cover letter (in the body of your email) verifying or
specifying the following information to Karin Berghoefer, director for
linguistic projects (kberghoefer at butlerhill.com )
-  US work authorization (if applicable)
-  all languages spoken and reading proficiency level / fluency in each
language
-  current version of Windows
-  level of computer literacy

Email Address for Applications: kberghoefer at butlerhill.com