21.2241, FYI: English, Chinese and Dutch word frequencies

Mon May 17 13:23:02 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-2241. Mon May 17 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.2241, FYI: English, Chinese and Dutch word frequencies

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Rachelle Felzien <rachelle at linguistlist.org>

Date: 14-May-2010
From: Marc Brysbaert < marc.brysbaert at ugent.be >
Subject: English, Chinese and Dutch word frequencies

Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 09:22:09
From: Marc Brysbaert [marc.brysbaert at ugent.be]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-2241.html&submissionid=2634275&topicid=6&msgnumber=1

As part of our SUBTLEX series, we have released American English, Chinese,
and Dutch word frequencies on the basis of film and television subtitles.
The advantages of the list are:

1. The frequencies are freely available in easy to use files.

2. The frequencies predict lexical decision times and naming times better
than other frequencies available (including Celex).

3. The frequencies have been published in a scientific journal.

You can find more information (and files with the frequencies) on:

http://crr.ugent.be/programs-data/subtlex-nl