21.2275, Jobs: African Linguistics: Senior Lecturer, The University of Cape Town

Wed May 19 15:03:51 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-2275. Wed May 19 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.2275, Jobs: African Linguistics: Senior Lecturer, The University of Cape Town

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 17-May-2010
From: Richard Bevan < richard at mediauniversalservices.co.uk >
Subject: African Linguistics: Senior Lecturer, The University of Cape Town, South Africa

Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 11:00:22
From: Richard Bevan [richard at mediauniversalservices.co.uk]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-2275.html&submissionid=2634614&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: The University of Cape Town
Department: School of Language and Literature
Job Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Web Address: http://www.uct.ac.za

Job Rank: Senior Lecturer

Specialty Areas: African Linguistics

Required Language(s): Afroasiatic

Senior Lecturer/Lecturer: African Linguistics (Ref. 2200)
Department of English Language & Literature

The Linguistics Section of the Department of English Language & Literature
has a vacancy for a position in the field of African Linguistics. We invite
applications for this position, for appointment as from 1 January 2011 or
as soon as possible thereafter.

Appointment requires:
- A PhD degree, or currently working towards a PhD degree
- A focus on African Linguistics
- Teaching experience in Linguistics at tertiary level
- Sound knowledge of at least one African Language

Expertise in and research on South Africa's indigenous languages is highly
desirable, and knowledge of isiXhosa will be a recommendation.

To view the full advertisements and application requirements, please visit
http://www.uct.ac.za and click on 'Vacancies'.

UCT is committed to the pursuit of excellence, diversity and redress. Our
Employment Equity Policy is available at http://hr.uct.ac.za/policies/ee.php.

Application Deadline: 04-Jun-2010

Web Address for Applications: http://web.uct.ac.za/depts/sapweb/forms/hr201.doc
Contact Information: