21.2297, Jobs: English; Applied Ling; General Ling: Professor, Seoul National U

Thu May 20 20:33:56 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-2297. Thu May 20 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.2297, Jobs: English; Applied Ling; General Ling: Professor, Seoul National U

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 19-May-2010
From: Jinhee Jeong < pray1016 at snu.ac.kr >
Subject: English; Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics: Professor, Seoul National University, South Korea

Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 16:32:06
From: Jinhee Jeong [pray1016 at snu.ac.kr]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-2297.html&submissionid=2635038&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Seoul National University
Department: Department of English Language and Literature
Job Location: Seoul, Korea, South
Web Address: http://english.snu.ac.kr

Job Rank: Professor

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics

Required Language(s): English (eng)

The Department of English Language and Literature at Seoul National
University invites applications for tenure-track foreign faculty positions,
beginning in March 1, 2011. Applicants should have a Ph.D. at the time of
application and should be non-Korean citizens.

Seoul National University is the top-ranking university in Korea, with
30,000 students and 2,300 faculty members. (Please visit our website at
http://www.snu.ac.kr for more information.) We are highly committed to
preparing students to live as responsible leaders in an increasingly
interconnected world. The Department of English Language and Literature
especially welcomes candidates with a distinguished research and teaching
record.

Qualifications:
All applicants must have a Ph.D. degree at the time of application.

Areas:
Linguistics, Applied Linguistics and related fields
Number of openings: 1

Responsibilities:
Successful candidates will teach two or three three-unit courses per
semester in English, including  lower division courses in support of the
liberal arts curriculum and an upper division or graduate course in the
major area.

Salary and Benefit:
Base annual salary will be around $50,000. Faculty housing on campus is
available.

Application Procedure:
For consideration, please mail (1) a letter of application, (2) a
curriculum vitae, (3) a description of research and teaching interests, and
(4) two letters of recommendation by June 30, 2010, to the address below.

Applicants may also email/fax the documents to hm103 at snu.ac.kr or
+82-2-887-7850. The letters of recommendation should be mailed separately
to the address below.

Contact Information
If you have any questions, please contact Prof. Ki-Sun Hong at
kshong at snu.ac.kr or at +82-10-9457-5793.

Application Deadline: 30-Jun-2010
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Search Committee