21.2298, FYI: Endangered Language Fund May 2010 Newsletter

Thu May 20 20:39:35 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-2298. Thu May 20 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.2298, FYI: Endangered Language Fund May 2010 Newsletter

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Rachelle Felzien <rachelle at linguistlist.org>

Date: 19-May-2010
From: Kevin Hughes < hughes at endangeredlanguagefund.org >
Subject: Endangered Language Fund May 2010 Newsletter

Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 16:38:54
From: Kevin Hughes [hughes at endangeredlanguagefund.org]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-2298.html&submissionid=2634994&topicid=6&msgnumber=1

Dear all,

The Endangered Language Fund is a non-profit organization dedicated to the
documentation and maintenance of endangered languages.

The May 2010 issue of our newsletter, Language Legacies, is now
available online. You can view the newsletter by visiting:

http://www.endangeredlanguagefund.org/pdf/ELF_May_2010_newsletter.pdf

This issue summarizes the projects for which we  provided grants in 2009
through the Native Voices Endowment: A Lewis & Clark Bicentennial Legacy.
The Native Voices Endowment provides grants for work on documentation and
revitalization of the languages of tribes that came into contact with the
Lewis & Clark expedition between 1803 and 1806.  For more information
please visit:

http://www.endangeredlanguagefund.org/native_voices.html

You can sign up to receive future issues of Language Legacies automatically
at the bottom left of our home page:

http://www.endangeredlanguagefund.org/

The Endangered Language Fund awards grants to linguists and language
activists throughout the world. These grants are supported almost entirely
by individual donations. Please consider making a donation to help us stem
the tide of language loss:

http://www.endangeredlanguagefund.org/donate.html

Thank you,
Kevin Hughes

Linguistic Field(s): Language Documentation