21.4410, FYI: Endangered Language Fund October 2010 Newsletter

Thu Nov 4 16:05:07 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-4410. Thu Nov 04 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.4410, FYI: Endangered Language Fund October 2010 Newsletter

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Brent Miller <brent at linguistlist.org>

Date: 04-Nov-2010
From: Kevin Hughes [hughes at endangeredlanguagefund.org]

Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2010 12:04:07
From: Kevin Hughes [hughes at endangeredlanguagefund.org]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-4410.html&submissionid=3478637&topicid=6&msgnumber=1

Dear all,

The Endangered Language Fund is a non-profit organization
dedicated to the documentation and revitalization of endangered
languages.

The October 2010 issue of our newsletter, Language Legacies, is now
available online. You can view the newsletter by visiting:

http://www.endangeredlanguagefund.org/pdf/ELF_October_2010_news
letter.pdf

This issue announces ELF grant recipients for 2010 and gives an
overview of their projects. We had a record 123 proposals submitted
this year and were able to award 14 grants.

You can sign up to receive future issues automatically at the bottom left
of our home page:

http://www.endangeredlanguagefund.org/

The Endangered Language Fund awards grants to linguists and
language activists throughout the world. These grants are supported
almost entirely by individual donations. Please consider making a
donation to help us stem the tide of language loss:

http://www.endangeredlanguagefund.org/donate.html

Thanks,
Kevin Hughes

Linguistic Field(s): Language Documentation