21.4415, Jobs: Arabic; General Linguistics: Asst Prof, CSU San Bernardino

Thu Nov 4 22:42:19 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-4415. Thu Nov 04 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.4415, Jobs: Arabic; General Linguistics: Asst Prof, CSU San Bernardino

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 03-Nov-2010
From: Cynthia Moss [cmoss at csusb.edu]
Subject: Arabic; General Linguistics: Assistant Professor, California State University, San Bernardino, CA, USA

Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2010 18:39:43
From: Cynthia Moss [cmoss at csusb.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-4415.html&submissionid=3478577&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: California State University, San Bernardino
Department: World Languages & Literatures
Job Location: California, USA
Web Address: http://flan.csusb.edu
Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: General Linguistics

Required Language(s): Arabic, Standard (arb)

The department is looking for energetic and enterprising candidates who
will contribute to the growth of the Arabic program. Experience in writing
curriculum and in seeking grant funding highly desirable. Knowledge of
ACTFL Standards, OPI Training and assessment also desirable. Native or near
native proficiency in Arabic required. PhD in Arabic language or related
field required. Experience in student-centered teaching and the ability to
relate well to a diverse, multi-ethnic student body are essential.

Preferred candidates will be expected to meet the traditional requirements
of excellence in teaching, active scholarly and professional work, and
service to the University and community. In addition, new faculty are
encouraged to develop and participate in activities that support the
University's strategic plan. This plan emphasizes three areas: a) teaching
and learning excellence; b) student access, retention, and success; c)
excellence in research and creative activities; d) campus community; e)
community engagement; and f) infrastructure.

Application Deadline: 01-Dec-2010
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Dr. Terri Nelson
	5500 Univeristy Pkwy