21.4491, Jobs: Sociolinguistics: Post Doc/Researcher, University of Oxford

Tue Nov 9 17:08:33 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-4491. Tue Nov 09 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.4491, Jobs: Sociolinguistics: Post Doc/Researcher, University of Oxford

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 09-Nov-2010
From: Leonora Dempsey [leonora.dempsey at ling-phil.ox.ac.uk]
Subject: Sociolinguistics: Post Doc/Researcher, University of Oxford, United Kingdom

Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2010 12:06:14
From: Leonora Dempsey [leonora.dempsey at ling-phil.ox.ac.uk]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-4491.html&submissionid=3531114&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Oxford
Department: Linguistics, Philology and Phonetics
Job Location: Oxford, United Kingdom
Web Address: http://www.ling-phil.ox.ac.uk
Job Rank: Post Doc

Specialty Areas: Sociolinguistics

University of Oxford
Faculty of English
Faculty of Linguistics, Philology and Phonetics
Mellon Postdoctoral Fellowship (Sociolinguistics)

Salary: £28,983 - £31,671 (As at 1 October 2010)

A one-year research and teaching appointment in Sociolinguistics from a
date to be arranged between January 2011 and October 2011 for an
outstanding academic at an early stage of his or her career.

This fellowship is funded by the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation as part of a
wider Oxford University initiative which is designed to provide an
intensive and supported career development opportunity for outstanding
academics at an early stage of their career; and to promote equality of
opportunity by helping to create a more diverse pool of potential
candidates for future academic posts at Oxford.

Applicants must have obtained his or her doctorate by the date of taking up
the post, and should not normally have completed it earlier than 1 October
2007. The post is open to applicants working in any area of
sociolinguistics, but we would particularly welcome applications from those
with interests in language contact, creole linguistics or the varieties of
English used in postcolonial settings.

This post is a joint appointment between the Faculty of English and the
Faculty of Linguistics, Philology and Phonetics. A college association will
be arranged for this post, and it is envisaged that the postholder will be
based in the college, but will undertake teaching for both Faculties and
for the College.

For further details, information about how to apply and an application
form, please visit the application URL below, the department URL above, or
contact the Linguistics, Philology and Phonetics Faculty Office via Mrs.
Leonora Dempsey, email address below.

Applications must be received by midday on Thursday 9 December 2010.

Application Deadline: 09-Dec-2010
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Mrs Leonora Dempsey
	Faculty of Linguistics, Philology and Phonetics
	Centre for Linguistics and Philology
	Walton St
	Oxford, Oxfordshire OX12HG
	United Kingdom