21.4543, Jobs: Various Lang& Lang Acq: Project Manager, Diplomatic Lang Services

Fri Nov 12 19:20:06 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-4543. Fri Nov 12 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.4543, Jobs: Various Lang& Lang Acq: Project Manager, Diplomatic Lang Services

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Erin Smith <erin at linguistlist.org>

Date: 10-Nov-2010
From: Ashly Bauserman [humanresources at dlsdc.com]
Subject: Chinese, Mandarin; Russian; Farsi, Eastern; French & Language Acquisition: Course Development Project Manager, Diplomatic Language Services, Virginia, USA

Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 14:18:21
From: Ashly Bauserman [humanresources at dlsdc.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-4543.html&submissionid=3738915&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Diplomatic Language Services
Department: Curriculum Development
Job Location: Virginia, USA
Web Address: http://www.dlsdc.com
Job Rank: Course Development Project Manager

Specialty Areas: Language Acquisition

Required Language(s): Chinese, Mandarin (cmn)
                      French (fra)
                      Farsi, Eastern (prs)
                      Russian (rus)

Diplomatic Language Services (DLS) is a 25-year old company based in the
Washington, DC metro area that provides language and cultural training and
other related language services to US government and commercial clients.
We are currently recruiting a Project Manager for an upcoming two-year
curriculum development project. The project involves developing course
textbooks and unit assessments for French, Russian, Farsi, and Mandarin.

Qualifications:
-At least a Master's degree in Language Education
-At least three years of experience with language training, editing, or
curriculum development projects, preferably in a supervisory role
-Knowledge of the Inter-Agency Language Roundtable (ILR) scale
-High level computer skills
-Native-level English
-Some familiarity with French, Russian, Farsi, or Mandarin is helpful
-Very strong multitasking and interpersonal skills
-Proven track record of meeting project deadlines under clear time
constraints.

Responsibilities include:
-Interface with the client, acting as main point of contact to receive and
disseminate feedback to project staff.
-Engage curriculum developers in ongoing training activities, educating
them in curriculum development theory and pedagogical processes.
-Ensure deadlines are being met across all language groups and take
responsibility for providing final deliverables to client.
-Oversee the lesson revision process, ensuring that feedback is clearly
conveyed to the development team.
-Oversee administrative aspects of project such as timesheet collection and
hours reporting.
-Make a final review of each chapter and assessment to make sure that
quality expectations are being met.

DLS is a rapidly growing language services company with a dynamic and
flexible work environment and significant employee growth opportunities.
Please send your resume and salary requirement to the address provided. No
phone calls, please. EOE.

Application Deadline: 01-Dec-2010

Email Address for Applications: humanresources at dlsdc.com
Contact Information: