21.4570, Jobs: Lang Acq: Curriculum Development Consultant, Speak Africa, LLC

Mon Nov 15 19:10:24 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-4570. Mon Nov 15 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.4570, Jobs: Lang Acq: Curriculum Development Consultant, Speak Africa, LLC

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Erin Smith <erin at linguistlist.org>

Date: 13-Nov-2010
From: Serena Morones [serena at speakrwanda.com]

Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 14:09:24
From: Serena Morones [serena at speakrwanda.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-4570.html&submissionid=3739354&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Speak Africa, LLC
Web Address: http://www.speakrwanda.com
Job Rank: Consultant

Specialty Areas: Language Acquisition

Required Language(s): Bantoid

Linguist consultant needed for a Kinyarwanda curriculum development
project.  Speak Africa, LLC has developed and published two Kinyarwanda
products for travelers; a phrase book and basic audio lessons.  See the
website for more information.

Our customers are asking for more advanced Kinyarwanda lessons.  Most of
our customers are humanitarian aid workers or Christian missionaries, but
some are travel tourists to Rwanda.

We are seeking a linguist who is available on a contract basis and who is
qualified to help us design more extensive language learning lessons.  We
envision that the advanced lessons will be presented through a combination
of audio, text and video images, delivered in mp4 format with companion
downloadable pdf materials.

Experience in Bantu languages is desired but not required.  This project is
estimated to take 12-15 hours per week for 12-16 weeks, with more hours in
the early weeks. We are located in Portland, Oregon, but we are open to
working with the a consultant located in another area.

Compensation to be negotiated based on qualifications.  We also have access
to volunteer student interns from Portland State University.  We also have
several Kinyarwanda native speakers in Portland to consult on this project,
as well as a library of Kinyarwanda resources.

Please contact Serena Morones at the email given below to express interest
in this project.

Email Address for Applications: serena at speakrwanda.com
Contact Information:
	Serena Morones