21.4623, Jobs: Chinese Language: Assistant Instructor, University of Pittsburgh

Wed Nov 17 18:11:38 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-4623. Wed Nov 17 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.4623, Jobs: Chinese Language: Assistant Instructor, University of Pittsburgh

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 16-Nov-2010
From: Paula Locante [plocante at pitt.edu]
Subject: Chinese Language: Assistant Instructor, University of Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 13:08:50
From: Paula Locante [plocante at pitt.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-4623.html&submissionid=3791794&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Pittsburgh
Department: East Asian Languages and Literatures
Job Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Web Address: http://www.deall.pitt.edu
Job Rank: Assistant Instructor

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics

Required Language(s): Chinese, Mandarin (cmn)

The Department of East Asian Languages and Literatures of the University of
Pittsburgh seeks one full-time, one-year contract (renewable) assistant
instructor for the Chinese language program, for appointment beginning
September 1, 2011, pending budgetary approval. Successful candidate should
possess native or near-native proficiency in both Chinese and English, hold
an MA degree in foreign language pedagogy or a related field, and have at
least two years of experience teaching Chinese at North American
universities or colleges. Preference will be given to candidates who
possess linguistic knowledge of Chinese language, and demonstrate
familiarity with CFL methodologies. Duties include teaching Chinese at all
levels, as well as working closely with the language coordinator to
contribute to the overall effectiveness of the Chinese language program.

Applicants should send a letter of application, CV listing three
references, a statement of teaching philosophy in both Chinese and English,
transcripts from the last university attended, and a sample of teaching
evaluations to the address below. For more information, contact Paula
Locante, information below. In order to ensure full consideration,
applications must be received by December 15th, 2010.

The University of Pittsburgh is an AAEO Employer. Women and members of
minority groups under-represented in academia are especially encouraged to
apply.

Application Deadline: 15-Dec-2010
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Chinese Language Assistant Instructor Search Committee
	702 Old Engineering Hall
	University of Pittsburgh
	Pittsburgh, PA 15146
	USA