21.4647, FYI: Germanistik Online Datenbank

Fri Nov 19 17:16:47 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-4647. Fri Nov 19 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.4647, FYI: Germanistik Online Datenbank

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Elyssa Winzeler <elyssa at linguistlist.org>

Date: 19-Nov-2010
From: Julia Ulrich [julia.ulrich at degruyter.com]
Subject: Germanistik Online Datenbank

Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 12:15:39
From: Julia Ulrich [julia.ulrich at degruyter.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-4647.html&submissionid=3792254&topicid=6&msgnumber=1

Special Offer: Free Online Access!

>From 2010 on, Germanistik, the leading international publication covering German Language and Literary Studies, will also be available as online database. In this anniversary year of the publication, 50 years of German philology will become searchable electronically. The history of the discipline - critically reviewed, systematized and keyworded - will be accessible online in more than 60,000 abstracts and summaries. Altogether, approximately 340,000 monographic studies, collected volumes and journals from the areas of literature, theatre studies, media studies, cultural history and linguistics will be made accessible bibliographically. The database will be continually expanded to include the current volume containing about 8000 new entries and over 1000 short papers. It will provide a category-specific, full-text and detailed search and differentiated and convenient access to authors, editors, article and review writers, titles, papers, publication years and keywords. All relevant data will be cross-linked. The online edition provides access to extensive factual coverage for every entered title with information on the content of the respective book or article. The user interface will be available in German and English.

Key Features:
- 50 years of bibliographical information and history of German Language and Literary Studies online
- 340,000 entries going back to the first issue
- Annual update with 8,000 new entries
- 1000-1200 reviews/volume
- State-of-the-art classification
- German/English user interface