21.4686, Jobs: Computational Linguistics: Data Quality Analyst, Factual Inc.

Mon Nov 22 03:16:02 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-4686. Sun Nov 21 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.4686, Jobs: Computational Linguistics: Data Quality Analyst, Factual Inc.

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 19-Nov-2010
From: Human Resources [jobs at factual.com]
Subject: Computational Linguistics: Data Quality Analyst, Factual Inc., CA, USA

Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 22:14:50
From: Human Resources [jobs at factual.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-4686.html&submissionid=3792275&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Factual Inc.
Department: Data Team
Job Location: California, USA
Web Address: http://www.factual.com/jobs
Job Rank: Data Quality Analyst

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics

Factual is looking for fast-working, highly focused individuals with strong
attention to detail and correctness, great organizational skills, and
wide-ranging interests and areas of expertise.

Time:
Full time candidates. Two internships will also be available for the
2010-2011 academic year.

The ideal candidate would:
-  Have a degree in engineering, science, or linguistics
-  Be eager to learn new tools and skills related to data and analysis
-  Be able to propose out-of-the-box strategies based on insights about data

Desired Skills:
-  Excellent web research skills
-  Familiarity with multiple languages
-  Experience with data curation

Responsibilities:
-  Evaluate and judge algorithmically generated data and assess data quality
-  Research and analyze data on the web, including finding and evaluating
data sources and providing answers for specific data questions
-  Research domain-specific data standards in a variety of subjects (eg.,
international points of interest, health, entertainment, education)
-  Apply data generation software and scripts
-  Thoroughly document findings, assumptions, and conclusions
-  Provide feedback and direction for data acquisition and scrubbing
-  Author specifications to improve data processing and natural language
processing, if appropriate

Big Pluses:
-  Familiarity with Linux commands
-  Regular expressions, XPath, or SQL

To apply, send a brief cover letter and resume/CV in Word or PDF format to
the email address below, or via post to the application address below. No
recruiters please.

Mailing Address for Applications:
	Factual Inc.
	11111 Santa Monica Blvd.