21.4735, Jobs: Semantics/Syntax: Postdoc Assoc/Visiting Faculty, MA Inst of Tech

Thu Nov 25 19:00:14 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-4735. Thu Nov 25 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.4735, Jobs: Semantics/Syntax: Postdoc Assoc/Visiting Faculty, MA Inst of Tech

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 23-Nov-2010
From: Matthew Sikorski [lp-positions at mit.edu]
Subject: Semantics; Syntax: Postdoctoral Associate/Visiting Faculty, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, MA, USA

Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 13:58:37
From: Matthew Sikorski [lp-positions at mit.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-4735.html&submissionid=3792620&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Department: Department of Linguistics and Philosophy
Web Address: http://web.mit.edu/linguistics/
Job Rank: Postdoctoral Associate/Visiting Faculty

Specialty Areas: Semantics; Syntax

The Department of Linguistics & Philosophy at MIT invites applications for
a Postdoctoral Associate position in syntax or semantics. Appointments may
start on September 1, 2011 or February 1, 2012 and will be for a period of
one or two semesters, with a possibility of renewal into the academic year
2012-13. The successful candidate is expected to conduct research that
contributes to the mission of the department and to teach at least one
graduate or undergraduate subject per semester.  Salary will be
commensurate with experience. Appropriately qualified candidates can also
be appointed at the rank of Visiting Assistant (or Associate) Professor.

Applicants should submit a letter of application, curriculum vitae, copies
of research papers, evidence of teaching ability, and names of three
references. Please specify desired starting date and period of availability.

We prefer that applications and supporting materials be submitted online,
at the application URL below.

Materials submitted by mail should be sent to the address below.

Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Applications
received by January 15, 2011, will be given full consideration.

Women and members of under-represented minorities are especially encouraged
to apply. MIT is an Equal Opportunity Employer.

Application Deadline: 15-Jan-2011 (Open until filled)
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Chair, Linguistics Search Committee
	Department of Linguistics and Philosophy
	Massachusetts Institute of Technology
	77 Massachusetts Ave, 32-D808
	Cambridge, MA 02139-4307
	USA