21.3836, Jobs: Language Technology; Comp Ling, Asst Prof, Technische U Darmstadt

Fri Oct 1 17:28:50 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-3836. Fri Oct 01 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.3836, Jobs: Language Technology; Comp Ling, Asst Prof, Technische U Darmstadt

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 30-Sep-2010
From: Niklas Jakob < njakob at tk.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de >
Subject: Language Technology; Computational Linguistics: Assistant Professor, Technische Universität Darmstadt, Germany

Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2010 13:24:35
From: Niklas Jakob [njakob at tk.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-3836.html&submissionid=2649830&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Technische Universität Darmstadt
Department: Computer Science, LOEWE Research Center Digital Humanities
Job Location: Darmstadt, Hessen, Germany
Web Address: http://www.ukp.tu-darmstadt.de/

Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Language Technology; Natural Language Processing

The LOEWE Research Center Digital Humanities at the Technische
Universität Darmstadt is seeking to fill the position of an:

Assistant Professor (W1-level) in Language Technology

The holder of this position will represent the subject area of Language
Technology within research and teaching. Furthermore, this includes an
investigation of the connection between language technology and
computational linguistics and their applications in the area of Digital
Humanities.

The assistant professor will be associated with the Ubiquitous Knowledge
Processing Lab and will belong to the faculty of the computer science
department. It is expected that the successful applicant will actively
contribute to the LOEWE Research Center Digital Humanities as well as to
the Research Initiative Web Research that is currently being established at
the Technische Universität Darmstadt.

We are seeking a candidate with a proven scientific record and outstanding
knowledge in at least one of the following research topics:
-  statistical or (shallow) semantic approaches to language processing,
-  methods of corpus linguistics,
-  machine learning and text mining.

For more details regarding this position please refer to:
http://www.ukp.tu-darmstadt.de/services/jobs/assistant-professor-w1-level-in-language-technology/

Application Deadline: 14-Oct-2010 (Open until filled)
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Prof. Dr. Iryna Gurevych
	Dekanat des Fachbereichs Informatik
	Hochschulstr. 10