21.3865, Jobs: Language Neuroscience, fMRI: Visiting Professor, Penn State U

Sun Oct 3 13:47:35 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-3865. Sun Oct 03 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.3865, Jobs: Language Neuroscience, fMRI: Visiting Professor, Penn State U

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 30-Sep-2010
From: Judith Kroll < jfk7 at psu.edu >
Subject: Language Neuroscience, fMRI: Visiting Professor, Penn State University, USA

Date: Sun, 03 Oct 2010 09:45:19
From: Judith Kroll [jfk7 at psu.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-3865.html&submissionid=2649831&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Penn State University
Department: Center for Language Science
Job Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Web Address: http://www.cls.psu.edu

Job Rank: Visiting Professor

Specialty Areas: Neurolinguistics; Psycholinguistics; Cognitive Neuroscience

Center for Language Science Visiting Professor/ Sabbatical Fellowship in
the Neuroscience of Language

The Penn State Center for Language Science (CLS; URL above) is seeking a
visiting scholar with a distinguished record of research in the
neuroscience of language, particularly researchers who use fMRI methods, to
spend 2-3 months in residence during the academic year. A stipend of up to
$45,000 will be provided, depending on the duration of the visit. The
visiting professor will be expected to interact with CLS faculty and
students and the larger Penn State neuroscience community (see
http://www.imaging.psu.edu/people and http://www.huck.psu.edu/people) and
to play a key role in developing fMRI expertise among students and faculty
and creating potential collaborative projects. We anticipate making a
visiting scholar appointment for each of the next five years. For the
academic year 2010-2011, the visiting scholar may be in residence any time
between January-August 2011. Interested applicants should send their
inquiries and applications to languageneuro at gmail.com. The application
should include a current CV, a set of representative and recent papers, the
period of availability, and a statement indicating interest in contributing
to the development of language neuroscience community at Penn State.
Consideration of applications will begin on November 15, 2010 and
applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Women and
members of under-represented groups are especially encouraged to apply.
Penn State is committed to affirmative action, equal opportunity and the
diversity of its workforce.

Application Deadline: 15-Nov-2010 (Open until filled)

Email Address for Applications: languageneuro at gmail.com
Contact Information:
	Judith Kroll
	Email: jfk7 at psu.edu