21.3933, Jobs: Lang Acq; Syntax; Jamaican Creole: PhD Position, U of Geneva

Tue Oct 5 18:00:37 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-3933. Tue Oct 05 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.3933, Jobs: Lang Acq; Syntax; Jamaican Creole: PhD Position, U of Geneva

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 04-Oct-2010
From: Stephanie Durrleman < stephanie.durrleman at unige.ch >
Subject: Language Acquisition; Syntax; Jamaican Creole: PhD Position, University of Geneva, Switzerland

Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2010 13:58:00
From: Stephanie Durrleman [stephanie.durrleman at unige.ch]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-3933.html&submissionid=2650405&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Geneva
Department: Department of Linguistics
Job Location: Geneva, Switzerland
Web Address: http://www.unige.ch/lettres/linguistique/

Job Rank: PhD Position

Specialty Areas: Language Acquisition; Syntax

Required Language(s): Jamaican Creole English (jam)

The Department of Linguistics at the University of Geneva is seeking a
3-year doctoral candidate in the context of a research project on the early
acquisition of Jamaican Creole. The doctoral candidate will benefit from a
Swiss National Fund fellowship (40'000 to 46'000 Swiss Francs a year).

We are looking for a native or near-native speaker of Jamaican or other
English-based creole interested in pursuing research under the supervision
of Stephanie Durrleman, Luigi Rizzi and Ur Shlonsky in collaboration with
the University of the West Indies and the University of Amsterdam.

The successful candidate must meet conditions for admission to Geneva's
Ph.D Program. In particular, she or he must have an MA in Linguistics with
good knowledge of Syntax and Language Acquisition. Knowledge of French is
highly desirable.

The doctoral candidate will be expected to spend approximately 18 months
collecting and analyzing data in Jamaica, work that will include frequent
travel to and stays in Geneva. The last 18 months of the fellowship will be
spent in Geneva.

Application: Cover letter, CV and the names of 3 references sent by email
to stephanie.durrleman at unige.ch. Applications will be considered in the
order received. The fellowship could start as early as Feb. 1, 2011.

Email Address for Applications: stephanie.durrleman at unige.ch
Contact Information:
	Dr. Stephanie Durrleman
	Email: stephanie.durrleman at unige.ch