21.3934, Jobs: Neurolinguistics: Post Doc, New York University - Abu Dhabi

Tue Oct 5 18:03:57 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-3934. Tue Oct 05 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.3934, Jobs: Neurolinguistics: Post Doc, New York University - Abu Dhabi

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 04-Oct-2010
From: Rebecca Egbert < rre2 at nyu.edu >
Subject: Neurolinguistics: Post Doc, New York University - Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates

Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2010 14:01:09
From: Rebecca Egbert [rre2 at nyu.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-3934.html&submissionid=2650494&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: New York University - Abu Dhabi
Department: Linguistics and Psychology
Job Location: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Web Address: http://www.psych.nyu.edu/meglab/nellab/

Job Rank: Post Doc

Specialty Areas: Neurolinguistics

A 4-year, potentially renewable post-doctoral position in the cognitive
neuroscience of language is available for the NYU Abu Dhabi Neuroscience of
Language Laboratory starting in summer 2011. The researcher will be working
in the NYU Neuroscience of Language Lab under the direction of Dr. Alec
Marantz, Dr. Liina Pylkkanen, and Dr. David Poeppel. The researcher will
have had experience with evoked response experiments using either MEG or
EEG, but preferably both. The main responsibility of the researcher will be
to explore the appropriate ways to utilize participant populations of
varied linguistic and educational backgrounds to address questions about
linguistic universals and language specific effects. Working with Arabic
and East Asian speakers requires nuanced understanding of the linguistic
situation on the ground as well as a search for necessary corpus resources
and area experts on the languages and language-particular
psycholinguistics. A researcher with cross-linguistic experimental
experience would be ideal for the job, and someone from either the Gulf
area or India would be especially suited for this project.

To apply, please send a copy of your CV and a brief statement of research
interests and goals to the application email address below.

Email Address for Applications: linguistics.neurolab at nyu.edu
Contact Information:
	Ms. Rebecca Egbert
	Email: linguistics.neurolab at nyu.edu