21.3943, Jobs: English & Applied Linguistics: Manager/Coordinator, Alelo TLT LLC

Wed Oct 6 14:34:56 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-3943. Wed Oct 06 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.3943, Jobs: English & Applied Linguistics: Manager/Coordinator, Alelo TLT LLC

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Erin Smith <erin at linguistlist.org>

Date: 04-Oct-2010
From: kate henderson < khenderson at alelo.com >
Subject: English & Applied Linguistics: Manager/ Coordinator, Alelo TLT LLC, USA,California

Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2010 10:33:23
From: kate henderson [khenderson at alelo.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-3943.html&submissionid=2650495&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Alelo TLT LLC
Department: Production
Job Location: California, USA
Web Address: http://alelo.com

Job Rank: Manager

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; Coordination

Required Language(s): English (eng)

Alelo is a dynamic, fast-growing software company in Los Angeles. We
develop and commercialize award-winning language and culture training
systems. The systems throw learners into a rich story driven 3D game world
where they get to practice communication skills in a foreign language and
culture by interacting verbally and non-verbally with AI characters. Please
visit us at our website.

As a coordinator, you will be a part of a team that creates interactive
content in our award-winning game-based courses that teach foreign
languages and cultures. You will be responsible for managing portions of
multiple projects, working closely with our content, media, production and
technical teams and, of course, our customers. Your job will consist of
facilitating active communication among team members, helping them balance
task priorities and production methodologies, as well as getting our
products done on time and to higher levels of quality.

Specifically, we are looking for a coordinator to work largely with our
content development team. Therefore you should be very familiar with
humanities or social science content development, as well as communication
and project management best practices.

You must be a person who:

    * Has 3-5 years experience working in a humanities or social science
content development environment
    * Is an expert with Microsoft Office applications, including Word and Excel
    * Is an expert at Wiki authoring and usage
    * Be clearly organized, detail-oriented, and professional
    * Be adept at all forms of communication: verbal, written, email, phone
    * Works fast and enjoys getting things done.

We would prefer if you:

    * Have additional experience in a software development environment
    * Are familiar with OpenOffice, GoogleDocs, and common open-source
applications
    * Have experience with internal software company proprietary tools
    * Have experience with instructional design, research and data
development, content integration, or game design

This is a full time position. We offer a comprehensive benefits package
that includes health/dental insurance, 401k, vacation time, sick time, paid
holidays.

To apply, do not respond to this email.  Please go to the application
website listed below and submit your resume and cover letter there. No
phone calls or visits. Absolutely no recruiters.

We only accept applications electronically. Please, no phone calls, faxes
or unscheduled visits.

No immigration sponsorship (H1B and similar). No outsourcing companies. No
agencies. No consultants/contractors.

Web Address for Applications: http://www.applicantstack.com/client/alelo/x/openings
Contact Information:
	Kevin Perry