21.3961, Jobs: Cog Sci: Asst Prof, Massachusetts Institute of Technology

Thu Oct 7 17:03:17 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-3961. Thu Oct 07 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.3961, Jobs: Cog Sci: Asst Prof, Massachusetts Institute of Technology

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 06-Oct-2010
From: Colleen Watras < cwatras at buyerads.com >
Subject: Cognitive Science: Assistant Professor, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, MA, USA

Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2010 13:02:00
From: Colleen Watras [cwatras at buyerads.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-3961.html&submissionid=2650774&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Department: Brain and Cognitive Sciences
Job Location: Massachusetts, USA
Web Address: http://web.mit.edu/bcs/

Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Cognitive Science

MIT's Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences anticipates making a
faculty appointment at the Assistant Professor level in cognitive science
and cognitive neuroscience or computational cognition and neuroscience. We
seek to hire a candidate whose research focuses on either 1) any area of
cognitive science and/or human cognitive neuroscience, or 2) computational
cognition or neuroscience -- broadly on computational studies of
intelligence. In addition to conducting research, faculty members at MIT
teach undergraduate and graduate courses and supervise graduate and
undergraduate participation in research.

Please note in cover letter if application is for cognitive or
computational area. Please send a CV, a statement of research and teaching
interests, and representative reprints. In addition, please arrange to have
three letters of recommendation submitted. Please electronically submit
completed applications and letters in pdf or Word format to the Cognitive
Search Committee c/o Judy Rauchwarger at the email address below.
Information about the department can be found at the URL above.

December 1, 2010 is the deadline for submitting applications, but review of
applications will begin as they are received.

MIT is an affirmative action employer, and we encourage applications from
women and underrepresented minorities.

Application Deadline: 01-Dec-2010

Email Address for Applications: jrauch at mit.edu
Contact Information: