21.3992, Jobs: Applied Linguistics: Manager, Second Language Testing, Inc.

Sun Oct 10 01:37:04 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-3992. Sat Oct 09 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.3992, Jobs: Applied Linguistics: Manager, Second Language Testing, Inc.

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Erin Smith <erin at linguistlist.org>

Date: 08-Oct-2010
From:  HR < HR at 2lti.com >
Subject: Applied Linguistics: Manager, Second Language Testing, Inc., District of Columbia, USA

Date: Sat, 09 Oct 2010 21:35:44
From:  HR [HR at 2lti.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-3992.html&submissionid=2651216&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Second Language Testing, Inc.
Department: Test Development
Job Location: District of Columbia, USA
Web Address: http://www.2lti.com

Job Rank: Manager

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics

Second Language Testing, Inc. (SLTI), a language test development company
in the Rockville, MD with 20 employees, is actively seeking several
full-time professional language test developers to join its test
development group for a one-year (renewable) contact.

SLTI's test development group works with state and federal government
agencies, school districts, and commercial testing companies to develop
language proficiency tests. Our test development group also consults on
issues related to language accessibility, linguistic simplification, and
Universal Design.

Description of duties:
Work as part of a team comprised of other test developers working on
language test development and research projects. Manage test development
projects from initial stages through to final deliverables. Prepare written
reports and maintain correspondence with clients and contractors. Attend
meetings and communicate with co-workers, clients, and contractors. Analyze
qualitative and quantitative data. Assist in pilot testing test items for
their validity and reliability. Provide solutions to testing issues and
challenges.

Qualifications:
Minimum Qualifications:
-At least a MA/MS degree in one of the following fields: Applied
linguistics, Linguistics, 2nd language education, translation, educational
measurement
-2 years relevant work experience
-Local to Washington, DC metro area

Other helpful Qualifications:
-Experience as a language test developer.
-Experience as a translator, interpreter, translation manager or language
teacher
-Excellent English writing skills
-Office experience, Good computer skills
-Teaching experience
-Knowledge of applied linguistics
-Knowledge of language proficiency scales (ILR and ACTFL)
-High level proficiency in a non-English language, including: Albanian,
Amharic, Armenian, Baluchi, Cebuano, Chavacano, Modern Greek, Haitian
Creole, Hindi, Kurmanji, Levantine Arabic, Norwegian, Portuguese
(Brazilian), Punjabi (Western), Samoan, Somali, Sorani, Sudanese Arabic,
Swahili, Tausug, Turkmen, and Urdu.
-Knowledge of psychometrics

Compensation is commensurate with experience. SLTI also offers a fringe
benefit package that includes:

Paid vacation and sick leave
Health/Vision/ and Dental
Retirement Package

To apply for this position, please e-mail a cover letter and curriculum
vitae to the application email listed below.

Email Address for Applications: hr at 2lti.com
Contact Information
	HR
	Email: HR at 2lti.com