21.4065, Jobs: Turkish; Applied Linguistics: Assistant Professor, Indiana U

Thu Oct 14 17:53:00 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-4065. Thu Oct 14 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.4065, Jobs: Turkish; Applied Linguistics: Assistant Professor, Indiana U

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 13-Oct-2010
From:  Central Eurasian Studies [ceus at indiana.edu]
Subject: Turkish; Applied Linguistics: Assistant Professor, Indiana University, IN, USA

Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 13:51:00
From:  Central Eurasian Studies [ceus at indiana.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-4065.html&submissionid=2651877&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Indiana University
Department: Central Eurasian Studies
Job Location: Indiana, USA
Web Address: http://www.iub.edu/~ceus/
Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics

Required Language(s): Turkish (tur)

The Department of Central Eurasian Studies at Indiana
University-Bloomington invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track
faculty position in Turkic Applied Linguistics beginning August 2011 at the
rank of Assistant Professor.

Applicants must hold a doctorate or anticipate its completion by the time
of the appointment, in a field of second language acquisition (applied
linguistics). Candidates should have a record of publications on Turkic
applied linguistics/second language acquisition.

Candidates should have native or near native fluency in Turkish or another
Turkic language. The successful candidate will teach classes in Turkish or
other Turkic languages and in second language acquisition/applied
linguistics, coordinate and supervise language instruction in the
department, and play an active role in Indiana University's Title VI
Language Resource Center, the Center for Languages of the Central Asian
Region. The candidate will also be expected to pursue grant opportunities
for expanding the Turkic language program at Indiana University. Salary
will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.

For full consideration, complete applications must be received by December
15, 2010. Send paper copies of your letter of application, curriculum
vitae, and a writing sample or samples approximately 25 pages in length, as
well as three signed copies of letters of recommendation to the address below.

Indiana University is an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action Employer.
Women and minorities are especially encouraged to apply.

Application Deadline: 15-Dec-2010
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Turkic Applied Linguist Search Committee
	Central Eurasian Studies
	Goodbody Hall 157
	1011 E. 3rd St.
	Bloomington, IN 47405-7005