21.4067, Jobs: Rhetoric/Composition: Asst/Assoc Prof, City U of Hong Kong

Thu Oct 14 18:00:31 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-4067. Thu Oct 14 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.4067, Jobs: Rhetoric/Composition: Asst/Assoc Prof, City U of Hong Kong

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 13-Oct-2010
From:  Dr. Rodney Jones [enrodney at cityu.edu.hk]
Subject: Rhetoric/Composition or Related Disciplines: Assistant/Associate Professor, City University of Hong Kong

Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 13:57:27
From:  Dr. Rodney Jones [enrodney at cityu.edu.hk]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-4067.html&submissionid=2651754&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: City University of Hong Kong
Department: Department of English
Job Location: Kowloon, Hong Kong
Web Address: http://www.cityu.edu.hk
Job Rank: Asst/Assoc Professor

Specialty Areas: Rhetoric/Composition or Related Disciplines

Worldwide Search for Talent

City University of Hong Kong is a dynamic, fast developing university
distinguished by scholarship in research and professional education. As a
publicly funded institution, the University is committed to nurturing and
developing students' talent and creating applicable knowledge to support
social and economic advancement. Currently, the University has six
Colleges/Schools. Within the next few years, the University aims to recruit
200 more scholars in various disciplines from all over the world, including
science, engineering, business, social sciences, humanities, law, creative
media, energy, environment, and other strategic growth areas.

Applications are invited for:

Associate Professor/Assistant Professor
Department of English [Ref. C/048/49]

Duties: Assist in the set up and administration of the first-year programme
in composition and professional writing, with main responsibilities on
curriculum development and coordination. The Department will provide strong
administrative support to the programme, with an anticipation of further
hiring to meet the needs of the programme and eventual development of an
appropriately staffed English-Across-the-Curriculum initiative.

Requirements: A PhD in English, Rhetoric/Composition or related
disciplines with a strong and ambitious research agenda. Experience and
background in the teaching of writing to ESL students is desirable. The
successful candidate is expected to show a strong capacity to supervise PhD
students and train them as teaching assistants.

Salary and Conditions of Service
Remuneration package will be driven by market competitiveness and
individual performance. Excellent fringe benefits include gratuity, leave,
medical and dental schemes, and relocation assistance (where applicable).
Initial appointment will be made on a fixed-term contract.

Information and Application
Further information on the post and the University is available at
http://www.cityu.edu.hk, or from the Human Resources Office, City
University of Hong Kong, Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon, Hong Kong [Fax : (852)
2788 1154 or (852) 3442 0311/email: hrojob at cityu.edu.hk].

Please send the application with a current curriculum vitae to the address
or email address below. Applications will be considered until the position
is filled. The University reserves the right to consider late nominations
and applications, and not to fill the position. Personal data provided by
applicants will be used for recruitment and other employment-related
purposes.

City University of Hong Kong is an equal opportunity employer and we are
committed to the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from all
qualified candidates, especially applicants who will enhance the diversity
of our staff.

City University of Hong Kong was ranked the 124th among the world's top
universities and the 15th in Asia according to Times Higher Education
(2009)/Quacquarelli Symonds (2010).

Mailing Address for Applications:
	Dr. Rodney Jones, Associate Head
	Department of English