21.4176, Jobs: Computational Linguistics: Scientist, Janya Inc.

Thu Oct 21 02:00:01 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-4176. Wed Oct 20 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.4176, Jobs: Computational Linguistics: Scientist, Janya Inc.

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Erin Smith <erin at linguistlist.org>

Date: 18-Oct-2010
From: Linda Stievater [lindas at janyainc.com]
Subject: Computational Linguistics: Scientist, Janya Inc., New York, USA

Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 21:58:50
From: Linda Stievater [lindas at janyainc.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-4176.html&submissionid=2652461&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Janya Inc.
Job Location: New York, USA
Web Address: http://www.janyainc.com
Job Rank: Scientist

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics

The selected scientist engages in research to create supervised and
semi-supervised machine learning information extraction systems to extract
information from unstructured documents and data and to incorporate such
systems into a Semantex engine. They will design and implement machine
learning algorithms, such as maximum entropy, hidden Markov Models, kernel
methods and semi-supervised learning algorithms. They will need to make use
of knowledge of statistical methods and syntactic and semantic theories.
Furthermore, they will create and implement a statistical semantic role
labeling software system, using generalized constituent grammar features.
They will provides effective solutions to named entity recognition and
particularly organization name recognition. This position requires Master's
degree in Computer Science and successful completion of coursework in
Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning.  EEO.

Application Deadline: 12-Nov-2010
	Janya Inc
	1408 Sweet Home Rd, Ste. 1
	Amherst, US 14228