21.4232, Jobs: Syntax & Typology: Asst Prof, University of Wisconsin Milwaukee

Sun Oct 24 22:29:54 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-4232. Sun Oct 24 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.4232, Jobs: Syntax & Typology: Asst Prof, University of Wisconsin Milwaukee

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Erin Smith <erin at linguistlist.org>

Date: 22-Oct-2010
From: Gregory Iverson [iverson at uwm.edu]
Subject: Syntax & Typology: Asst Prof, University of Wisconsin Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA

Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 18:28:28
From: Gregory Iverson [iverson at uwm.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-4232.html&submissionid=3476775&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Wisconsin Milwaukee
Department: Linguistics
Job Location: Wisconsin, USA
Web Address: http://www4.uwm.edu/
Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Syntax; Typology

Position start date:	August 2011

Job description:
The Department of Linguistics at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee has
been authorized to make a full-time, tenure-track appointment in syntax at
the rank of assistant professor, and invites applications for the position.
 Duties will include developing and teaching courses in syntactic theory,
description and typology, supervising graduate students at both the M.A.
and Ph.D. level and conducting research in the appointee's area of
specialization.  Prospective applicants must have by August of 2011 a Ph.D.
in linguistics or some other related field, along with the ability and
willingness to teach in the undergraduate core distribution offerings.
Preferred candidates will be able to show evidence of quality teaching and
excellent scholarly promise, as well as knowledge of or expertise in a
range of disparate languages.  A research interest in the syntax/semantics
interface, a demonstrated interest in comparative syntax, and expertise in
linguistic typology would enhance a candidate's application.  Salary will
be commensurate with qualifications and experience.

To apply, please upload an up-to-date curriculum vitae, a letter of
application, and one or two publications to the application URL listed
below.  Please arrange for three letters of recommendation to be mailed to
the application address given.

Review of applications will begin on October 25, 2010, and continue until
the position is filled.  E-mail inquiries may be addressed to Dr. Iverson
at the email address listed.

The University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee is an affirmative action,
equal-opportunity employer.

Mailing Address for Applications:
	Professor Gregory Iverson
	Syntax Search Committee, Department of Linguistics
	Curtin Hall Room 535
	University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
	Milwaukee 53201-0413
Web Address for Applications: http://jobs.uwm.edu/postings/5097