21.4249, Qs: Familial Intimacy Terminology Survey

Tue Oct 26 15:41:44 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-4249. Tue Oct 26 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.4249, Qs: Familial Intimacy Terminology Survey

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Danielle St. Jean <danielle at linguistlist.org>

Date: 21-Oct-2010
From: Katarzyna Dziwirek [dziwirek at uw.edu]
Subject: Familial Intimacy Terminology Survey

Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 11:39:49
From: Katarzyna Dziwirek [dziwirek at uw.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-4249.html&submissionid=3476574&topicid=8&msgnumber=1

Hello LINGUIST subscribers,

We are conducting a study aimed at finding out possible correlations
among three things: 1) how we talk about our family members
depending on 2) who we talk to, and 3) the language we speak.

For example, when talking to a child a mother might say about her
parents:
a) I talked to my parents last night and they send you hugs and kisses,
or
b) I talked to your grandma and grandpa last night and they send you
hugs and kisses.

We would like to see if choices like those between a) and b) are related
to the language of the utterance.

We hope that you can take about 15 minutes to take our survey:

http://atrial.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_9vt45Z4dp3C8sbG

We are looking for all kinds of respondents: monolinguals as well as
bilinguals, married people as well as unmarried people, parents and
non-parents, etc. If there are parts of the survey that do not apply to
you, simply ignore them.

Thank you so much!
Kat Dziwirek and Nika Egorova

Linguistic Field(s): Discourse Analysis