21.4277, Jobs: English; Applied Linguistics: Assistant Prof, Portland State U

Wed Oct 27 18:52:15 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-4277. Wed Oct 27 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.4277, Jobs: English; Applied Linguistics: Assistant Prof, Portland State U

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 26-Oct-2010
From: Jady Bates [jady at pdx.edu]
Subject: English; Applied Linguistics: Assistant Professor, Portland State University, OR, USA

Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 14:50:33
From: Jady Bates [jady at pdx.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-4277.html&submissionid=3477315&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Portland State University
Department: Applied Linguistics
Job Location: Oregon, USA
Web Address: http://www.pdx.edu/linguistics
Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics

Required Language(s): English (eng)

Department of Applied Linguistics, Portland State University, invites
applications for a full-time, tenure-track position at Assistant Professor
level.

Requirements:
-  Ph.D in Applied Linguistics or related field by 9/16/11, the anticipated
-  ability to teach two or more of the following: structure of English,
syntax, psycholinguistics, and language assessment
-  expertise in quantitative methods
-  a research agenda that relates to the programs of the department and
faculty interests

Preferred qualifications:
ESL/EFL teaching experience, experience incorporating technology in
teaching, and training in experimental research methods

Responsibilities:
-  teaching two courses per quarter (three terms/year)
-  supervision of thesis research
-  student advising

Send letter of interest; CV; statement of research agenda, teaching
philosophy and teaching interests (not more than five double-spaced pages);
and summary of teaching evaluations to the address below. Additionally,
have three letters of reference sent directly to this address. Candidates
whose degree is not in applied linguistics should make explicit in their
application how their research and teaching relate directly to applied
linguistics.

For more detailed information about the position and the department, please
visit our website above, or call 503.725.4098. PSU is an affirmative
action, equal opportunity institution.

Application Deadline: 10-Dec-2010
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Search Committee