21.4312, Jobs: Computational Linguistics: Scientist, Invertix Corp.

Thu Oct 28 23:13:13 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-4312. Thu Oct 28 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.4312, Jobs: Computational Linguistics: Scientist, Invertix Corp.

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Erin Smith <erin at linguistlist.org>

Date: 28-Oct-2010
From: Bennett Bullock [bbullock at mit.edu]
Subject: Computational Linguistics: Scientist, Invertix Corp., Virginia, USA

Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 19:12:03
From: Bennett Bullock [bbullock at mit.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-4312.html&submissionid=3477614&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Invertix Corp.
Department: Futures Directive
Web Address: http://invertix.com
Job Rank: Scientist

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics

We are a rapidly growing technology company actively developing text
analytics systems.  We are an ideal place for researchers interested in
working in a fast-paced environment where their ideas are rapidly applied
to technology solutions.  Currently, we are looking for full-time employees
with academic or professional experience in one or more of the following
fields:

1)  Machine Learning, especially, Neural and/or Bayesian inference networks.
2)  Natural Language Processing, focusing on N-gram models, Hidden Markov
Models, probabilistic sentence parsing.
3)  Probability, making statistical inferences from sparse data sets.
4)  Document Classification and Information Retrieval, especially methods
for evaluating search engines.
5)  Theoretical or Computational Linguistics

Candidates must meet the following prerequisites:

1)  U.S. Citizenship.  A TS clearance or ability to obtain one is a
prerequisite.
2)  At least 2 years of programing experience in a professional or academic
environment - Java is preferred, although we will consider candidates with
experience with scripting languages such as MATLAB or Perl.
3)  A BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Linguistics, or a related field.
MS, or PhD in these fields strongly preferred.

The ideal candidate will also have experience with:

1)  large-scale professional software development, research-driven software
prototyping and familiarity with the design/scaling issues that accompany
large projects.  Experience with design patterns is preferred.
2)  Weka, Mahout, Mallet, or other commonly used machine-learning tools.
3)  the Hadoop platform.
4)  Haskell.

If interested, please send your resume and cover letter to the application
email address below.

Email Address for Applications: bbullock at invertix.com
Contact Information:
	Bennett Bullock