21.3498, Jobs: English as a 2nd Language: Instructor, College of Southern Nevada

Thu Sep 2 14:26:22 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-3498. Thu Sep 02 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.3498, Jobs: English as a 2nd Language: Instructor, College of Southern Nevada

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 01-Sep-2010
From: Amber Woods < amber.woods at csn.edu >
Subject: English as a Second Language: Instructor, College of Southern Nevada, USA

Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2010 10:24:54
From: Amber Woods [amber.woods at csn.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-3498.html&submissionid=2646354&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: College of Southern Nevada
Department: International Languages
Job Location: Nevada, USA
Web Address: http://www.csn.edu/pages/423.asp

Job Rank: Instructor

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; English as a Second Language

College of Southern Nevada recognizes that embracing diversity maximizes
faculty and staff contribution to our goals and provides the best opportunity
for student achievement. CSN is an equal opportunity/affirmative action
employer. CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse
and ever-changing community. CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens
authorized to work in the U.S. AA/EOE/ADA.

Note: (Local Search) No reimbursement for travel expenses will be provided
to local or out of area/out of state candidates.

This position will be open until filled. Application review will begin
9/24/2010. For full consideration all application related material should
be submitted by 9/17/2010.

Teach 15 credit hours of undergraduate courses in ESL per semester, advise
students, maintain office hours, and perform service to the department,
college, and local community. Develop ESL syllabi and course materials;
evaluate student mastery of skills and competencies outlined in the course
outcomes; other duties as assigned. Participate in student advisement and
recruitment activities, and program/curriculum development. Participate in
program/division meetings and other related activities.

Application Deadline: 17-Sep-2010

Web Address for Applications: http://www.csn.edu/pages/423.asp
Contact Information:
	Derek Smith