21.3536, All: Obituary: Michael K. Brame

Sun Sep 5 23:46:13 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-3536. Sun Sep 05 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.3536, All: Obituary: Michael K. Brame

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Elyssa Winzeler <elyssa at linguistlist.org>

http://linguistlist.org/LL/posttolinguist.cfm

Date: 05-Sep-2010
From: Soowon Kim < soowon at comcast.net >
Subject: Obituary: Michael K. Brame

Date: Sun, 05 Sep 2010 19:45:27
From: Soowon Kim [soowon at comcast.net]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-3536.html&submissionid=2646895&topicid=1&msgnumber=1

I am writing to let you know that our colleague Michael K. Brame, Professor Emeritus of Linguistics at the University of Washington, Seattle passed away on August 16, 2010 and would like to share this sad news with the linguistic community. Mike received his Ph.D. from MIT in 1971 having Noam Chomsky his adviser.

Mike was a brilliant linguist, great colleague, and respected teacher as well as a beloved husband and father. The untimely loss of him is still hard to believe, and our heart goes out to the Brame family.

Linguistic Field(s): Not Applicable