21.3616, Qs: Request for Participation for Innateness Study

Mon Sep 13 15:42:25 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-3616. Mon Sep 13 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.3616, Qs: Request for Participation for Innateness Study

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Elyssa Winzeler <elyssa at linguistlist.org>

Date: 09-Sep-2010
From: Edouard Machery < machery at pitt.edu >

Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 11:41:07
From: Edouard Machery [machery at pitt.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-3616.html&submissionid=2647414&topicid=8&msgnumber=1

Dear colleagues,

Paul Griffiths (Sydney), Joshua Knobe (Yale), Stefan Linquist (Guelph),
Edouard Machery (Pittsburgh), Richard Samuels (OSU), and Karola Stotz
(Sydney) are collecting data about scientists' use of the notion of
innateness in several disciplines. We are particularly interested in how
linguists use this notion.

We would like to invite you to take part to a short web study (at most 10
minutes). You will be asked to read a few vignettes and to judge whether
some traits are innate. You will also be asked to fill out a brief
demographic questionnaire.

This survey is entirely anonymous, and the study has be approved by Guelph
IRB, OSU IRB, Pittsburgh IRB, Sydney IRB, and Yale IRB.

To participate to this study, follow the following link:
http://yale.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_5yTK6uiKUc9HPy4

We would also appreciate if you could forward this e-mail to your
colleagues and graduate students!

Many thanks for your help!!

Edouard Machery

Linguistic Field(s): Cognitive Science