21.3633, Jobs: Semantics; Cognitive Science: Asst/Assoc Prof, Pomona College

Wed Sep 15 15:16:15 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-3633. Wed Sep 15 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.3633, Jobs: Semantics; Cognitive Science: Asst/Assoc Prof, Pomona College

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 14-Sep-2010
From: Deborah Burke < dburke at pomona.edu >
Subject: Semantics; Cognitive Science: Assistant/Associate Professor, Pomona College, CA, USA

Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 11:12:36
From: Deborah Burke [dburke at pomona.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-3633.html&submissionid=2648034&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Pomona College
Department: Department of Linguistics and Cognitive Science
Web Address: http://www.lcs.pomona.edu

Job Rank: Asst/Assoc Professor

Specialty Areas: Cognitive Science; Semantics

Pomona College
Claremont, California 91711

Tenure-Track Position in Linguistics and Cognitive Science Beginning Fall 2011

The Department of Linguistics and Cognitive Science at Pomona College
invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track position at the
Assistant or Associate Professor level, depending on qualifications. The
Department of Linguistics and Cognitive Science is an interdisciplinary
department focused on the study of language, with close collaboration with
the departments of Computer Science, Philosophy and Psychology. We are
looking for a candidate with a specialization in semantics and a broad
knowledge of and interest in cognitive science. Preference will be given to
candidates who will have completed the PhD by fall 2011. We seek a
candidate with a record of excellence in teaching and a productive program
of research. Teaching load is four courses a year and will include
Introduction to Cognitive Science, Semantics, an advanced seminar in area
of specialization and a course on the cognitive science of language such as
Psycholinguistics or Language and Brain. Candidates should electronically
submit an application letter, CV, copy of graduate transcript, teaching
evaluations or other evidence of excellent teaching ability, representative
publications, and three letters of recommendation to the application email
below. Complete applications received by November 12, 2010 will receive
full consideration.

Pomona College, the founding member of the Claremont Colleges, is a highly
selective liberal arts college attracting a diverse, national and
international student body. The College is an equal opportunity employer
and especially invites applications from women and members of
under-represented groups. For further information about the Department of
Linguistics and Cognitive Science see the department website above.

Application Deadline: 12-Nov-2010

Email Address for Applications: LCSSearch at pomona.edu
Contact Information:
	Department Coordinator Karen Nightingale
	Email: LCSSearch at pomona.edu