21.3645, Jobs: Spanish; Applied Linguistics: Asst Prof, Utah State U

Thu Sep 16 17:40:23 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-3645. Thu Sep 16 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.3645, Jobs: Spanish; Applied Linguistics: Asst Prof, Utah State U

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 15-Sep-2010
From: Maria Luisa Spicer-Escalante < maria.spicer at usu.edu >
Subject: Spanish; Applied Linguistics: Assistant Professor, Utah State University, UT, USA

Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 13:37:47
From: Maria Luisa Spicer-Escalante [maria.spicer at usu.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-3645.html&submissionid=2648136&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Utah State University
Department: Languages, Philosophy & Speech Communications
Job Location: Utah, USA
Web Address: http://jobs.usu.edu

Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics

Required Language(s): Spanish (spa)

Assistant Professor (Spanish Applied Linguistics)

The Department of Languages, Philosophy, & Speech Communication at Utah
State University invites applications for a tenure-track, Assistant
Professor in Spanish Applied Linguistics. Candidates should have a
Doctorate in Spanish Applied Linguistics or a related field completed by
August 14, 2010. Preference will be given to: Candidates with native or
near-native proficiency in Spanish and English; ability and willingness to
teach all levels of linguistics; proven ability to conduct research and
publish scholarly research; ability and desire to build the program and to
mentor undergraduate and graduate students; ability to offer classes in
language teacher education; ability to teach online courses and an interest
is using service learning components in the classroom; experience with
grant writing; and ability to complement the current strengths of the
department.The typical teaching load is 2/2. Review of applications will begin
December 5, 2010.

Go to http://jobs.usu.edu (req. ID 052307) to see full job description and
to apply with Cover Letter and CV online.

Utah State University is located in a beautiful mountain valley 80 miles
north of Salt Lake City. Visit http://www.usu.edu/greats/ or
http://www.usu.edu/multimedia/ for more details. Women and members of
minority groups are encouraged to apply. AA/EOE. For more information
contact Maria Spicer-Escalante, Spanish Linguistics Search Committee Chair,
email address below, or visit the Departmental Web Site: http://lpsc.usu.edu/

Application Deadline: 05-Dec-2010
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Maria Luisa Spicer-Escalante
	0720 Old Main Hill
	Logan, UT 84322
	USA
Web Address for Applications: http://jobs.usu.edu
Contact Information:
	Associate Professor Maria Luisa Spicer-Escalante
	Email: maria.spicer at usu.edu