21.3667, Support: Comp Ling: Ma / MSc Student, Montclair State U., New Jersey, USA

Fri Sep 17 14:22:20 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-3667. Fri Sep 17 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.3667, Support: Comp Ling: Ma / MSc Student, Montclair State U., New Jersey, USA

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Matthew Lahrman <matt at linguistlist.org>

Date: 15-Sep-2010
From: Anna Feldman < feldmana at mail.montclair.edu >
Subject: Computational Linguistics: Ma / MSc Student, Montclair State University, New Jersey, USA

Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 10:21:28
From: Anna Feldman [feldmana at mail.montclair.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-3667.html&submissionid=2648114&topicid=12&msgnumber=1

Institution/Organization: Montclair State University
Department: Linguistics
Web Address: http://chss.montclair.edu/linguistics/

Level: MA / MSc

Duties: Research

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics

The Department of Linguistics at Montclair State University invites applications
for admission to the MA in Applied Linguistics program for the spring semester
2011. We are seeking a highly qualified applicant for a graduate assistantship
position that includes tuition remission for the MA and a living annual stipend
of $12,000 for two consecutive years.  A background in computer science,
computational linguistics or a related discipline would be a plus. The GA will
be involved in several research projects in computational linguistics and will
work primarily with Dr. Anna Feldman.

The application is open for both international students and US citizens.
Applications with supporting material received by October 20, 2010 will be
processed for admission in the spring term.

Our MA program is distinguished by its grounding in theoretical linguistics
while offering a wide variety of specializations within the field of Applied
Linguistics including: Second Language Acquisition, Culture and Communication,
Computational Linguistics and Natural Language Processing, and American Sign
Language.

Montclair State is New Jersey's second-largest and fastest-growing university.
It is located in Montclair, on a ridge overlooking New York City, which is in
easy commuting distance.

Further information can be found at http://www.chss.montclair.edu/linguistics/ .

For information about the research and graduate assistantship, please contact
Dr. Anna Feldman, feldmana at mail.montclair.edu

Application Deadline: 20-Oct-2010

Web Address for Applications: http://www.montclair.edu/graduate/prospective/admisreq.php

Contact Information: