21.3693, Jobs: Language and Linguistics: Ph.D. Positions, Stockholm University

Sun Sep 19 20:20:55 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-3693. Sun Sep 19 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.3693, Jobs: Language and Linguistics: Ph.D. Positions, Stockholm University

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 19-Sep-2010
From: Tomas Riad < tomas.riad at nordiska.su.se >
Subject: Language and Linguistics: Ph.D. Positions, Stockholm University, Sweden

Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 16:17:23
From: Tomas Riad [tomas.riad at nordiska.su.se]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-3693.html&submissionid=2648595&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Stockholm University
Department: Faculty of Humanities
Job Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Web Address: http://www.fosprak.su.se/english

Job Rank: Ph.D. positions

Specialty Areas: Language and Linguistics

The Faculty of Humanities at Stockholm University announces nine doctoral
student posts linked to the Special Doctoral Programme in Language and
Linguistics.

The Special Doctoral Program in Language and Linguistics offers a qualified
doctoral program with focus on the systematicity and structure of language,
i.e. with focus on the traditional core areas of linguistics: phonology,
morphology, syntax, as well as semantics and pragmatics. The thesis should
be based on empirical material derived from one or more languages,
preferably with a cross-linguistic or diachronic perspective.

The special doctoral program will accept applicants from all areas of
language study at the departments within the Faculty of Humanities that
have supervisor capacity. Thesis topics should be theoretically,
methodologically, or empirically linked to the focus of the program. It is
consequently important for applicants to be familiar with the profile of
the special doctoral program, which can be found on the homepage:
http://www.fosprak.su.se, http://www.fosprak.su.se/english.

Although the Faculty of Humanities is responsible for organizing the
special doctoral program, doctoral student must be accepted by, and
attached to, the individual departments of the faculty that have relevant
research programs. The special program comprises several courses within
core areas and seminars for participants. Remaining courses are provided by
the individual departments. Supervision will be provided both by the
relevant department and the special doctoral program.

Application Deadline: 15-Oct-2010
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Stockholm University
	Registrator/PA