21.3722, FYI: 'New' Department of Linguistics, UF Gainesville

Tue Sep 21 15:32:47 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-3722. Tue Sep 21 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.3722, FYI: 'New' Department of Linguistics, UF Gainesville

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Brent Miller <brent at linguistlist.org>

Date: 21-Sep-2010
From: Caroline Wiltshire < wiltshir at ufl.edu >
Subject: 'New' Department of Linguistics, UF Gainesville

Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 11:24:53
From: Caroline Wiltshire [wiltshir at ufl.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-3722.html&submissionid=2648837&topicid=6&msgnumber=1

Linguists at the University of Florida are pleased to announce that, after 40
years as a Program in Linguistics, we are now a Department of Linguistics.

We offer a Linguistics minor, BA, MA, and PhD degrees; we also have an
undergraduate certificate program in Teaching English as a Second Language and a
graduate certificate in Second Language Acquisition and Teaching. With 12
budgeted and 12 affiliated faculty, we offer a wide range of specializations at
all levels, including Psycholinguistics, Sociolinguistics, Second Language
Acquisition, and Language Documentation, to over 200 majors and 50 graduate
students.

For more information, please visit us as: www.lin.ufl.edu

                     General Linguistics
                     Language Acquisition