21.3723, Jobs: German Studies: Lecturer/Sr Lecturer, The U of New South Wales

Tue Sep 21 16:51:45 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-3723. Tue Sep 21 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.3723, Jobs: German Studies: Lecturer/Sr Lecturer, The U of New South Wales

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 20-Sep-2010
From: Andrew Beattie < a.beattie at unsw.edu.au >
Subject: German Studies: Lecturer/Senior Lecturer, The University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia

Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 12:47:09
From: Andrew Beattie [a.beattie at unsw.edu.au]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-3723.html&submissionid=2648715&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: The University of New South Wales
Department: School of Languages and Linguistics
Job Location: Sydney, Australia
Web Address: http://languages.arts.unsw.edu.au/

Job Rank: Lecturer/Senior Lecturer

Specialty Areas: German Studies

Required Language(s): German, Standard (deu)

Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in German Studies
Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
School of Languages and Linguistics
The University of New South Wales
REF. 7464NET

The salary range for Lecturer is A$80K - A$94K and for Senior Lecturer is
A$97K - A$111K per year, depending on qualifications and experience (plus
17% employer superannuation, plus leave loading).

UNSW is one of Australia's leading research and teaching universities. It
is a progressive university that engages, in a practical way, with key
contemporary social issues. The Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences shares
that worldly ethos. It informs our teaching at both undergraduate and
postgraduate level, and it is reflected in our research and scholarship.
The School of Languages and Linguistics teaches languages, linguistics,
interpreting and translation as well as area studies courses in Asian and
European studies and other interdisciplinary programs. The School's growing
German Studies program is partially integrated with the revitalized
interdisciplinary European Studies program that focuses on contemporary and
twentieth-century European political, cultural and historical studies.

The successful applicant will be expected to undertake research in German
and/or European Studies, to convene and teach German language and culture
courses, to contribute to team-taught interdisciplinary courses in German
and possibly European Studies, to contribute to honours and postgraduate
teaching and research supervision in German/European Studies, and to
undertake administrative and coordination tasks as required by the Head of
School.

This is a full-time continuing position, available from February 2011.

Applicants must systematically address the selection criteria in their
application. Having read the documentation, applicants may then direct any
enquiries, by telephone or email, to Dr Andrew Beattie, German Studies
Convenor, contact information below.

For further information, including an information pack, and to apply
online, visit the application URL below.

For further information about the School, visit the department URL above.

Application Deadline: 15-Oct-2010

Web Address for Applications: http://www.hr.unsw.edu.au/services/recruitment/jobs/17091001.html
Contact Information:
	Dr Andrew Beattie