21.3724, Jobs: Linguistic Theories; Semantics; Syntax: Post Doc, Carleton U

Tue Sep 21 16:55:36 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-3724. Tue Sep 21 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.3724, Jobs: Linguistic Theories; Semantics; Syntax: Post Doc, Carleton U

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 20-Sep-2010
From: Ash Asudeh < ash_asudeh at carleton.ca >
Subject: Linguistic Theories; Semantics; Syntax: Post Doc, Carleton University, Ontario, Canada

Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 12:53:26
From: Ash Asudeh [ash_asudeh at carleton.ca]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-3724.html&submissionid=2648774&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Carleton University
Department: Institute of Cognitive Science
Job Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Web Address: http://www.carleton.ca/ics/

Job Rank: Post Doc

Specialty Areas: Linguistic Theories; Semantics; Syntax

The Institute of Cognitive Science invites applications for a postdoctoral
fellowship in linguistics (theoretical linguistics, computational
linguistics, or psycholinguistics). The position is an 18-month position,
beginning January 1, 2011. The PDF is part of the project 'Language:
Systems and Interfaces' (PI: Ash Asudeh), funded by the Early Researcher
Award program of the Ministry of Research and Innovation. The project
concerns grammatical architecture and interfaces within the
constraint-based framework of Lexical-Functional Grammar.

The successful candidate will have a doctoral degree in Linguistics or a
closely allied field, and a background in formal syntax or semantics in a
theoretical, computational, or experimental context.

Applicants should provide the following materials:
-  A cover letter
-  A CV
-  Sample publications and/or a copy of the doctoral thesis
-  Letters of recommendation from at least two referees (email is acceptable)

All application materials are to be provided electronically. The subject
line should include 'ERA PDF'.

Applications received by October 15th, 2010 will receive full
consideration. Later applications may be considered as well, until the
position has been filled.

Application Deadline: 15-Oct-2010 (Open until filled)

Email Address for Applications: asudeh at gmail.com
Contact Information:
	Dr. Ash Asudeh
	Email: ash_asudeh at carleton.ca