21.3725, Jobs: English; Applied Linguistics: Associate Professor, U of Erfurt

Tue Sep 21 17:01:16 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-3725. Tue Sep 21 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.3725, Jobs: English; Applied Linguistics: Associate Professor, U of Erfurt

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 21-Sep-2010
From: Annick De Houwer < annick.dehouwer at uni-erfurt.de >
Subject: English; Applied Linguistics: Associate Professor, University of Erfurt, Germany

Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 12:59:22
From: Annick De Houwer [annick.dehouwer at uni-erfurt.de]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-3725.html&submissionid=2648874&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Erfurt
Department: Linguistics
Job Location: Erfurt, Thüringen, Germany
Web Address: http://www.uni-erfurt.de

Job Rank: Associate Professor

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics

Required Language(s): English (eng)

The University of Erfurt is looking for an Associate Professor (W2
position) in Applied Linguistics with a special focus on English. The ideal
candidate will have carried out empirical research in at least one area
within Applied Linguistics such as second language acquisition, language
processing or intercultural communication. The candidate would have to be
able to teach a wide variety of topics within Applied and English
Linguistics for students at the BA and MA level and for students in teacher
training programs. The candidate would also be expected to take part in the
activities of the research group 'Language Competence, Proficiency and Use'
('Sprachbeherrschung'), which is embedded in the University's Research
Initiative on Education ('Bildung').

The University of Erfurt is an Equal Opportunities Employer.

For the official German job announcement with reference number # 64/2010
and further information, see
http://www.uni-erfurt.de/uploads/media/63_65_Professuren_PhilFak_01.pdf.

Informal enquiries may be sent to Dr. A. De Houwer at the email address below.

Application Deadline: 15-Oct-2010
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Prof. Dr. P. Rössler
	Dekan der Philosophischen Fakultät