21.3758, Jobs: Portuguese/Spanish; Hispanic Ling: Asst Prof, The Ohio State U

Fri Sep 24 15:03:01 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-3758. Fri Sep 24 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.3758, Jobs: Portuguese/Spanish; Hispanic Ling: Asst Prof, The Ohio State U

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 23-Sep-2010
From: Scott Schwenter < schwenter.1 at osu.edu >
Subject: Portuguese; Spanish; Hispanic Linguistics; Sociolinguistics: Assistant Professor, The Ohio State University, USA

Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 11:00:48
From: Scott Schwenter [schwenter.1 at osu.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-3758.html&submissionid=2649075&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: The Ohio State University
Department: Spanish and Portuguese
Job Location: Ohio, USA
Web Address: http://sppo.osu.edu

Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Sociolinguistics; Hispanic Linguistics

Required Language(s): Portuguese (por)
                      Spanish (spa)

Assistant Professor of Spanish (Hispanic Linguistics), Sociolinguistics of
Spanish and/or Portuguese. Preferred specialization in contact linguistics
and/or bilingualism, with a focus on the U.S. or contact with other
languages, including but not limited to indigenous languages of the
Americas. Candidates must demonstrate an active research agenda and be
committed to high-quality teaching at both the undergraduate and graduate
levels. Special consideration will be given to Portuguese-speaking
candidates whose research and teaching program includes Lusophone
linguistics. PhD in hand by date of appointment. Preliminary interviews
likely at the LSA Conference in Pittsburgh in January. To receive full
consideration, send application materials (letter, CV, three recent letters
of recommendation, and a sample of scholarly writing) by November 19, 2010
to the application address below. To build a diverse workforce Ohio State
encourages applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities,
veterans, and women. EEO/AA employer.

Application Deadline: 19-Nov-2010
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Prof. Scott Schwenter
	Chair of the Hispanic Linguistics Search Committee
	Dept. of Spanish and Portuguese, The Ohio State University
	298 Hagerty Hall, 1775 College Road
	Columbus, OH 43210-1340
	USA
Contact Information: