22.1539, Jobs: English & Comp Ling: Manager/Chief Linguist, Stripes39

Mon Apr 4 17:25:12 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-1539. Mon Apr 04 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.1539, Jobs: English & Comp Ling: Manager/Chief Linguist, Stripes39

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Erin Smith <erin at linguistlist.org>

Date: 02-Apr-2011
From: Scott Farrar [sofarrar at gmail.com]
Subject: English, Computational Linguistics & Natural Language Generation: Manager/Chief Linguist, Stripes39, Washington, USA

Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2011 13:24:08
From: Scott Farrar [sofarrar at gmail.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-1539.html&submissionid=4508715&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Stripes39
Job Location: Washington, USA
Web Address: http://stripes39.com
Job Rank: Manager

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Natural Language Generation

Required Language(s): English (eng)

Seattle Startup Stripes39.com is hiring an experienced expert in Natural
Language Generation

Qualifications:
-Advanced degree in Natural Language Processing/Computational Linguistics
(required)
-2 years experience in managing NLP related projects (required)
-research and/or project experience in building Natural Language
Generation systems (required)
-understanding of ontologies and data maintenance (preferred)

Activities:
-managing a team of computational linguists
-maintaining current state-of-the-art NLG system dedicated to generating
rich human-like content for specific domains
-working closely with data collection team and advising on general NLP
approaches

Company Info
Founded by a group of University of Washington graduates, Stripes39 is at
the cutting edge of web development and internet marketing.

Our marketing efforts focus on viral marketing, social media marketing, and
search engine optimization - driving millions of monthly unique visitors
per month to our portfolio of web properties. On the development side, we
are focused on creating innovative and useful formats/experiences for
content delivery, authoring authoritative/expert/journalistic content,
and executing large scale, data-driven, value-added content creation.

We're in an exciting time of growth, and are looking to add to our talented
and dedicated content development team.  If you're interested in an
opportunity to join this great workplace, please contact our NLP scientist
Scott Farrar at the email address below.

Application Deadline: 15-May-2011

Email Address for Applications: sofarrar at gmail.com
Contact Information:
	Scott Farrar
	Email: sofarrar at gmail.com

This Year the LINGUIST List hopes to raise $67,000. This money will go to help
keep the List running by supporting all of our Student Editors for the coming year.

See below for donation instructions, and don't forget to check out Fund
Drive 2011 site!

http://linguistlist.org/fund-drive/2011/

There are many ways to donate to LINGUIST!

You can donate right now using our secure credit card form at

Alternatively you can also pledge right now and pay later. To do so, go to:
https://linguistlist.org/donation/pledge/pledge1.cfm

For all information on donating and pledging, including information on how to
donate by check, money order, or wire transfer, please visit:
http://linguistlist.org/donation/

The LINGUIST List is under the umbrella of Eastern Michigan University and as
such can receive donations through the EMU Foundation, which is a registered
501(c) Non Profit organization. Our Federal Tax number is 38-6005986. These
donations can be offset against your federal and sometimes your state tax return
(U.S. tax payers only). For more information visit the IRS Web-Site, or contact
your financial advisor.

Many companies also offer a gift matching program, such that they will match
any gift you make to a non-profit organization. Normally this entails your
contacting your human resources department and sending us a form that the
EMU Foundation fills in and returns to your employer. This is generally a simple
administrative procedure that doubles the value of your gift to LINGUIST, without
costing you an extra penny. Please take a moment to check if your company
operates such a program.