22.1602, LINGUIST: Is an Incredibly Unique Organization

Sun Apr 10 13:47:42 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-1602. Sun Apr 10 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.1602, LINGUIST: Is an Incredibly Unique Organization

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Maria Moreno-Rollins <maria at linguistlist.org>

http://linguistlist.org/LL/posttolinguist.cfm

Date: 10-Apr-2011
From:  linguist [linguist at linguistlist.org]
Subject: We Need Your Donations!

Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2011 09:46:58
From:  linguist [linguist at linguistlist.org]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-1602.html&submissionid=4510455&topicid=121&msgnumber=1

Dear LINGUIST List Subscribers,

My name is Fatemeh Abdollahi and I am the publications manager here
at The LINGUIST List.

As you most likely know, LINGUIST List disseminates information for
a wide variety of publications, such as Book Abstracts, Book Reviews
(handled by our reviews team at The University of Wisconsin at Madison)
Journal calls for Papers, Journal Table of Contents announcements,
Software in Linguistics, and also maintain a database of Journals and
publishers currently active in Linguistics. Our publications materials
are quite extensive, with 1115 books, and 379 Journal Table of Contents
announcements distributed within the past year alone, LINGUIST List
serves as the premier site for nearly all announcements in Linguistics.

In addition to distributing information for the materials above, we
have developed several exciting features with a few select publishers.
Two of these are our Cambridge Extra Magazine developed with Cambridge
University Press, and The Wiley-Blackwell Language & Linguistics Compass
Discussion Forum. These features are highlighted further in another of
our messages that you will be receiving during fund-drive, but both
provide opportunities for you to peruse various journal articles at no
charge at all!

Cambridge Extra Magazine is available at:
http://cup.linguistlist.org/

The Wiley-Blackwell Language & Linguistics Compass Discussion Forum is
available at: http://linguistlist.org/pubs/blackwell/compass_index.cfm

Our Compass Discussion Forum has also formed a panel of highly
distinguished linguists who are responsible for various aspects of
the discussion forum. For more information on how you could become
involved with this panel, please feel free to e-mail the publications
team at pubs at linguistlist.org.

LINGUIST List is an incredibly unique organization. In no other discipline
is there a source that is a central hub for all materials in that discipline.
We announce to you, free of charge, information on journal calls for
papers, book abstracts, book reviews and a plethora of other topics. In
addition to this we house hundreds of mailing lists, web resources, blogs,
and more. If any of you have used LINGUIST List for finding a journal to
submit materials to, a review submission, or even to keep track of recent
publications of books in Linguistics, PLEASE DONATE TO LINGUIST List TODAY!

Your donations not only help keep LINGUIST List up and running, but help fund
the educations of us students who post your submissions, and develop this
site for your use!  LINGUIST List is a non-profit organization run by
donations from users like you. Any amount would be appreciated, and will
help us to keep our services to you free.

Please donate today at:

Best Wishes,
Fatemeh Abdollahi

This Year the LINGUIST List hopes to raise $67,000. This money will go to help
keep the List running by supporting all of our Student Editors for the coming year.

See below for donation instructions, and don't forget to check out Fund
Drive 2011 site!

http://linguistlist.org/fund-drive/2011/

There are many ways to donate to LINGUIST!

You can donate right now using our secure credit card form at

Alternatively you can also pledge right now and pay later. To do so, go to:
https://linguistlist.org/donation/pledge/pledge1.cfm

For all information on donating and pledging, including information on how to
donate by check, money order, or wire transfer, please visit:
http://linguistlist.org/donation/

The LINGUIST List is under the umbrella of Eastern Michigan University and as
such can receive donations through the EMU Foundation, which is a registered
501(c) Non Profit organization. Our Federal Tax number is 38-6005986. These
donations can be offset against your federal and sometimes your state tax return
(U.S. tax payers only). For more information visit the IRS Web-Site, or contact
your financial advisor.

Many companies also offer a gift matching program, such that they will match
any gift you make to a non-profit organization. Normally this entails your
contacting your human resources department and sending us a form that the
EMU Foundation fills in and returns to your employer. This is generally a simple
administrative procedure that doubles the value of your gift to LINGUIST, without
costing you an extra penny. Please take a moment to check if your company
operates such a program.