22.1806, Jobs: English & Applied Ling, Lang Acq: Lecturer, Leiden U

Fri Apr 22 08:06:37 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-1806. Fri Apr 22 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.1806, Jobs: English & Applied Ling, Lang Acq: Lecturer, Leiden U

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Erin Smith <erin at linguistlist.org>

Date: 21-Apr-2011
From: Colin Ewen [c.j.ewen at hum.leidenuniv.nl]
Subject: English & Applied Linguistics, Language Acquisition, English Language and Linguistics: Lecturer, Leiden University, Netherlands

Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2011 04:04:52
From: Colin Ewen [c.j.ewen at hum.leidenuniv.nl]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-1806.html&submissionid=4514235&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Leiden University
Department: LUCL (Leiden University Centre for Linguistics)
Job Location: , Netherlands
Web Address: http://www.hum.leiden.edu/lucl/
Job Rank: Lecturer

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition, English Language and Linguistics

Required Language(s): English (eng)

The successful applicant will be expected to teach at all levels of the
curriculum, across a wide range of the courses offered in the language
acquisition programme of the department, and be able to design and teach
new courses throughout the B.A. and M.A. curricula.

The successful applicant will have experience at university level in the
teaching of writing, applied grammar and vocabulary, as well as
pronunciation courses in the language laboratory. Experience in teaching
translation courses, second language acquisition and English as a foreign
language, or presentation skills and rhetoric will be an advantage. S/he will
have a near-native speaker level of competence in spoken and written
English (equivalent to C2 in the Common European Framework of Reference),
and, if a non-native speaker of Dutch, will have sufficient competence in the
language to be able to participate in the teaching of courses with a
contrastive component. Preference will be given to applicants with good
communication skills, a high level of commitment and enthusiasm, and the
ability to work with and motivate colleagues within the language acquisition
section and the department.

Depending on the successful applicant's qualifications, s/he may be made
responsible for the organisation of the teaching programme of the language
acquisition section, under the supervision of the Chair of English Language
and Linguistics.

For full details, see the application URL listed below.

Application Deadline: 22-May-2011

Email Address for Applications: vacaturesLUCL at hum.leidenuniv.nl
Web Address for Applications: http://www.vacatures.leidenuniv.nl/wetenschappelijk/11-103-lectureship
Contact Information:
	Prof.Dr. Colin Ewen
	Email: c.j.ewen at hum.leidenuniv.nl
	Phone: +31 71 527 2148

This Year the LINGUIST List hopes to raise $67,000. This money will go to help
keep the List running by supporting all of our Student Editors for the coming year.

See below for donation instructions, and don't forget to check out Fund
Drive 2011 site!

http://linguistlist.org/fund-drive/2011/

There are many ways to donate to LINGUIST!

You can donate right now using our secure credit card form at

Alternatively you can also pledge right now and pay later. To do so, go to:
https://linguistlist.org/donation/pledge/pledge1.cfm

For all information on donating and pledging, including information on how to
donate by check, money order, or wire transfer, please visit:
http://linguistlist.org/donation/

The LINGUIST List is under the umbrella of Eastern Michigan University and as
such can receive donations through the EMU Foundation, which is a registered
501(c) Non Profit organization. Our Federal Tax number is 38-6005986. These
donations can be offset against your federal and sometimes your state tax return
(U.S. tax payers only). For more information visit the IRS Web-Site, or contact
your financial advisor.

Many companies also offer a gift matching program, such that they will match
any gift you make to a non-profit organization. Normally this entails your
contacting your human resources department and sending us a form that the
EMU Foundation fills in and returns to your employer. This is generally a simple
administrative procedure that doubles the value of your gift to LINGUIST, without
costing you an extra penny. Please take a moment to check if your company
operates such a program.