22.1839, Jobs: Swedish & Syntax: Lecturer/PhD Candidate, U of Amsterdam

Mon Apr 25 01:12:28 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-1839. Sun Apr 24 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.1839, Jobs: Swedish & Syntax: Lecturer/PhD Candidate, U of Amsterdam

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Erin Smith <erin at linguistlist.org>

Date: 22-Apr-2011
From: H. van der Liet [h.a.vanderliet at uva.nl]
Subject: Swedish & Scandinavian Syntax: Lecturer/PhD Candidate, University of Amsterdam, Netherlands

Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2011 21:11:18
From: H. van der Liet [h.a.vanderliet at uva.nl]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-1839.html&submissionid=4514755&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Amsterdam
Department: Faculty of Humanities
Job Location: , Netherlands
Web Address: http://www.hum.uva.nl
Job Rank: Lecturer

Specialty Areas: Syntax

Required Language(s): Swedish (swe)

The Faculty invites applications for the position of

Lecturer/PhD candidate in Scandinavian linguistics (especially Swedish)
for 38 hours a week for a period of five years
W11-083

Tasks
The two main tasks of the successful candidate are teaching and research.
The teaching involves a substantial part of the BA language courses in the
Swedish programme, and courses in Scandinavian syntax.

The research is carried out in the domain of Scandinavian linguistics,
preferably in the study of Swedish syntax, leading to a PhD within the five-
year term of the contract. The research will be carried out in one of the
research groups of the Amsterdam Center for Language and
Communication (ACLC).

Requirements
We are looking for a candidate with a clear aptitude for the domain of
Swedish linguistics, especially syntax. The candidate must have a (near-)
native command of the Swedish language, and a clear interest in language
acquisition because a substantial part of the teaching load will be within
that field. Furthermore, the candidate should have demonstrable teaching
and research skills.

Candidates must submit a detailed PhD proposal according to the
guidelines published on the ACLC website (under 'vacancies')on a relevant
subject in the field of Scandinavian linguistics. They may contact the ACLC
director, Prof dr P.C. Hengeveld (p.c.hengeveld at uva.nl) to find a potential
supervisor that may assist them in the elaboration of this proposal. The
proposal will be evaluated with respect to viability, general scholarly
interest, relevance for the current ACLC and Departmental research target
areas, e.g.: The Language Blueprint and Learnability. Information about the
research targets and about the research groups working under the
auspices of the ACLC can be obtained from the ACLC website:
www.hum.uva.nl/aclc (under Research).

More information
For further information about this vacancy, please contact prof dr H. van
der Liet, at the contact telephone number or email address below.

Appointment
This is a temporary appointment for a period of 5 years. The minimum
salary for the lecturer appointment is € 2379 (scale 10) and the maximum
€ 4374 (scale 11), while the minimum salary for the PhD candidate
appointment is € 2379 and the maximum € 26212 (scale P) gross per
month for full-time appointment (38 hrs a week).

Job application
Applications should include a letter of application, curriculum vitae and
research proposal, and arrive no later than May 27th 2011. Please send
your documents to the attention of the Dean of the Faculty of Humanities
at the application address below. Please state the vacancy number (W11-
083) in the upper left corner of the envelope.

You can also submit your application by e-mail no later than May 27th to
application email listed. Please state the vacancy number in the subject
field of your e-mail.

The selection process may include a trial lecture.

Application Deadline: 27-May-2011
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Ms Prof. dr J.F.T.M. van Dijck
	Spuistraat 210
	Amsterdam 1012 VT
	Netherlands
Email Address for Applications: solliciteren2011-fgw at uva.nl
Contact Information:
	prof. dr H. van der Liet
	Email: h.a.vanderliet at uva.nl
	Phone: +31205252980

This Year the LINGUIST List hopes to raise $67,000. This money will go to help
keep the List running by supporting all of our Student Editors for the coming year.

See below for donation instructions, and don't forget to check out Fund
Drive 2011 site!

http://linguistlist.org/fund-drive/2011/

There are many ways to donate to LINGUIST!

You can donate right now using our secure credit card form at

Alternatively you can also pledge right now and pay later. To do so, go to:
https://linguistlist.org/donation/pledge/pledge1.cfm

For all information on donating and pledging, including information on how to
donate by check, money order, or wire transfer, please visit:
http://linguistlist.org/donation/

The LINGUIST List is under the umbrella of Eastern Michigan University and as
such can receive donations through the EMU Foundation, which is a registered
501(c) Non Profit organization. Our Federal Tax number is 38-6005986. These
donations can be offset against your federal and sometimes your state tax return
(U.S. tax payers only). For more information visit the IRS Web-Site, or contact
your financial advisor.

Many companies also offer a gift matching program, such that they will match
any gift you make to a non-profit organization. Normally this entails your
contacting your human resources department and sending us a form that the
EMU Foundation fills in and returns to your employer. This is generally a simple
administrative procedure that doubles the value of your gift to LINGUIST, without
costing you an extra penny. Please take a moment to check if your company
operates such a program.