22.1841, Jobs: English, Mandarin & Translation: Chair, Hong Kong Polytechnic U

Mon Apr 25 01:37:43 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-1841. Sun Apr 24 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.1841, Jobs: English, Mandarin & Translation: Chair, Hong Kong Polytechnic U

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Erin Smith <erin at linguistlist.org>

Date: 21-Apr-2011
From: Louisa Lau [hrsccbs at polyu.edu.hk]
Subject: English; Chinese, Mandarin & Translation, Bilingual Studies: Chair, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong

Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2011 21:36:55
From: Louisa Lau [hrsccbs at polyu.edu.hk]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-1841.html&submissionid=4514135&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
Department: Department of Chinese and Bilingual Studies
Job Location: , Hong Kong
Web Address: http://www.polyu.edu.hk
Job Rank: Chair of Department

Specialty Areas: Translation

Required Language(s): Chinese, Mandarin (cmn)
                      English (eng)

The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (PolyU) is the largest government-
funded tertiary institution in Hong Kong in terms of student number.  It
offers programmes at Doctorate, Master's, Bachelor's degrees and Higher
Diploma levels.  It has a full-time academic staff strength of around 1,200.
The total consolidated expenditure budget of the University is in excess of
HK$4 billion per year.  Committed to academic excellence in a professional
context, PolyU aspires to become a world-class university with an emphasis
on the application value of its programmes and research. Its vision is to
become a "preferred university" offering "preferred programmes" with a
view to developing "preferred graduates".

The University is now inviting applications and nominations for the
following post:

Head of Department of Chinese and Bilingual Studies (Ref. 11032101)

The successful candidate will be appointed as Chair Professor or Professor,
commensurate with his/her qualifications and experience, and hold a
concurrent headship appointment.  Post specification of the above position
can be obtained from
http://www.polyu.edu.hk/hro/postspec/11032101.pdf.

Remuneration and Conditions of Service :
Terms of appointment and remuneration package are negotiable and
highly competitive.

Application :
Applicants are invited to send detailed curriculum vitae with names and
addresses of two referees to the application email or address listed below,
or by fax [(852) 2764 3374], quoting position applied for and reference
number.  Recruitment will continue until the positions are filled.  Initial
consideration of applications will commence in July 2011.  Candidature may
be obtained by nomination.  The University reserves the right not to fill the
position or to make an appointment by invitation.  General information
about the University and the Department of Chinese and Bilingual Studies
is available on the University's World Wide Web Homepage
http://www.polyu.edu.hk and http://www.cbs.polyu.edu.hk respectively or
from the Human Resources Office [Tel: (852) 2766 5313].  Details of the
University's Personal Information Collection Statement for recruitment can
be found at http://www.polyu.edu.hk/hro/jobpics.htm.

Application Deadline: 01-Jul-2011
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Ms Louisa Lau
	Human Resources Office
	13/F Li Ka Shing Tower
	The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
	Hung Hom, Kowloon -
	Hong Kong
Email Address for Applications: hrsccbs at polyu.edu.hk
Web Address for Applications: http://www.polyu.edu.hk/hro/job_external.htm
Contact Information:
	Ms Louisa Lau
	Email: hrsccbs at polyu.edu.hk

This Year the LINGUIST List hopes to raise $67,000. This money will go to help
keep the List running by supporting all of our Student Editors for the coming year.

See below for donation instructions, and don't forget to check out Fund
Drive 2011 site!

http://linguistlist.org/fund-drive/2011/

There are many ways to donate to LINGUIST!

You can donate right now using our secure credit card form at

Alternatively you can also pledge right now and pay later. To do so, go to:
https://linguistlist.org/donation/pledge/pledge1.cfm

For all information on donating and pledging, including information on how to
donate by check, money order, or wire transfer, please visit:
http://linguistlist.org/donation/

The LINGUIST List is under the umbrella of Eastern Michigan University and as
such can receive donations through the EMU Foundation, which is a registered
501(c) Non Profit organization. Our Federal Tax number is 38-6005986. These
donations can be offset against your federal and sometimes your state tax return
(U.S. tax payers only). For more information visit the IRS Web-Site, or contact
your financial advisor.

Many companies also offer a gift matching program, such that they will match
any gift you make to a non-profit organization. Normally this entails your
contacting your human resources department and sending us a form that the
EMU Foundation fills in and returns to your employer. This is generally a simple
administrative procedure that doubles the value of your gift to LINGUIST, without
costing you an extra penny. Please take a moment to check if your company
operates such a program.