22.3122, Jobs: Typology: Post Doc, University of Zurich

Thu Aug 4 17:38:09 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-3122. Thu Aug 04 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.3122, Jobs: Typology: Post Doc, University of Zurich

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/

Date: 04-Aug-2011
From: Balthasar Bickel [balthasar.bickel at uzh.ch]
Subject: Typology: Post Doc, University of Zurich, Switzerland

Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2011 13:36:10
From: Balthasar Bickel [balthasar.bickel at uzh.ch]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-3122.html&submissionid=4528661&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Zurich
Department: Department of General Linguistics
Job Location: Zurich, Switzerland
Web Address: http://www.spw.uzh.ch
Job Rank: Post Doc

Specialty Areas: Typology

The General Linguistics Department at the University of Zurich invites
applications for a postdoctoral researcher in a EuroBABEL
(http://www.esf.org/index.php?id=4632) project. The project focuses on the
typological distribution of referential effects on agreement systems in
comparison to case systems and other aspects of grammatical relations
(http://www.rhim.uni-koeln.de, IP Leipzig/Zurich). The successful candidate
will work in close cooperation with our project team and can build upon
typological databases that the team developed in the past. Applicants must
have completed a Ph.D. thesis in linguistics, should be familiar with
typological research and have an excellent command of (academic) English
(fluency in German is desirable but not necessary).

Terms of employment: the position is funded for one year at 100%
employment, with a salary according to experience and qualifications in
line with University of Zurich regulations. (Less than 100% but longer
employment is negotiable but disprefered.) A possible extension depends on
future grant acquisitions and budgetary developments.

Starting date: as soon as possible, and not later than November 1, 2011

Applications must be in PDF format and include a curriculum vitae as well
as a cover letter summarizing previous research. Applicants should also
arrange for one letter of reference to be sent directly to the address
below (preferably by e-mail and no later than the application deadline).

Application Deadline: 21-Aug-2011

Email Address for Applications: balthasar.bickel at uzh.ch
Contact Information:
	Prof. Dr. Balthasar Bickel