22.3204, Jobs: French Language Program Director: Senior Lector I or II, Yale U

Thu Aug 11 13:39:02 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-3204. Thu Aug 11 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.3204, Jobs: French Language Program Director: Senior Lector I or II, Yale U

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 10-Aug-2011
From: Agnes Bolton [agnes.bolton at yale.edu]
Subject: French Language Program Director: Senior Lector I or II, Yale University, CT, USA

Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 09:36:13
From: Agnes Bolton [agnes.bolton at yale.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-3204.html&submissionid=4529163&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Yale University
Department: Department of French
Job Location: Connecticut, USA
Web Address: http://french.yale.edu
Job Rank: Senior Lector I or II

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition

Required Language(s): French (fra)

The Department of French at Yale University seeks to appoint a Senior
Lector I or II as Director of the French Language Program beginning July 1,
2012.

Duties include:
-  Supervising and coordinating the French language program
-  Initiating and directing efforts to improve and coordinate existing courses in
the French language sequence
-  Planning language course offerings and sections and working with the
Director of Undergraduate Studies to staff language courses each academic
year
-  Preparing and mentoring graduate students throughout their years of
language teaching
-  Teaching and/or chairing at least two language courses per year
-  Serving as spokesperson for the language program to undergraduate
students
-  Serving as liaison between the Department of French and other units at the
University such as the Center for Language Study

Requirements:
-  Doctoral degree in French preferred, with native or near-native proficiency in
French
-  Proven excellence in teaching French language at all levels (1st-6th
semester college)
-  Administrative experience in organizing and staffing multi-level language
courses with part-time and full-time faculty
-  Knowledge of foreign language teaching methodologies, including
technology-related pedagogy
-  Expertise in curriculum development and assessment

This is a full-time position with an initial appointment between three and five
years, renewable upon successful review. Yale University is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Yale values diversity in its
students, faculty, and staff and strongly encourages applications from
underrepresented minorities and women. Please submit your application
online at the application URL below. Applicants must submit a cover letter, a
CV, a statement of teaching philosophy, and at least three letters of
recommendation. Applications should arrive by October 1, 2011.

Application Deadline: 01-Oct-2011

Web Address for Applications: http://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/Yale
Contact Information:
	Agnes Bolton